1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

30 PrimeJet8

Discussion in 'Single Wing Aircraft Plans' started by jkarnacki, Jan 17, 2011.

1. jkarnacki

jkarnacki Member

Here's the original RCG thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1304036

I took the posted .skp file, scaled up to 30" WS, and re-sized all slots/tabs and added a few more. It was a huge pain but it's finally done. If you look at it closely you'll notice there's a .1" discrepancy between the width of the fuselage sides and the top and bottom pieces that close it up, but I have no idea how to fix it without creating another problem. I figure you'll most likely not even notice it while building. The original jet has functional canards, but I will be building it with stationary ones.

This 30" WS jet has nearly 2 sq. ft. of wing area. With a standard 2212-06 motor and 3 cell 1500-2200, it should come in around 16-18 oz for a wing loading of under 10 oz per sq ft. I'm hoping for a little bit of speed, but I don't want to have to fly at full throttle just to keep it in the air :D

Please look over my sketchup file before I work on the phlatcode. Most likely I have missed something :D

- Jeff

Attached files Prime Jet8 model.skp (1.6 MB)Â

2. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Your parts look good, you just need to swap your Y and X lengths in the Safe area settings of your parameters window and re-position your parts.

Thanks for working this one up. Attached files [​IMG]