1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

38 Nasty

Discussion in 'Projects on your Phlatprinter 3' started by jkarnacki, Dec 16, 2010.

1. jkarnacki

jkarnacki Member

This is my first real project on my MKIII. I just took screenshots of the full page PDF off of the rcgroups "Nasty" thread. The original is just a profile wing and fuse with CF spars, but I'm making mine with a 50% KF step and double layer fuse with cf sandwiched in between. I drew my initials by hand on the KF step, and I'm painting the surface beneath it red so that the cutout of my initials stands out. I've done this already, and the concept works, but I need to make the font width larger instead of just the diameter of the 1/8" bit. If you're wondering why there are two elevators, that's because I might cut out a second Nasty for a flying buddy. :D

Despite the fact that I'm still having a few problems with my MKIII, this cut actually came out pretty good. Almost everything lines up perfect....almost :D . I should note that Mark and Trish have been VERY helpful in trying to help me sort my problems out. They really do provide over-the-top customer service!

- Jeff Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice one Jeff! I think think once the new roller set up is complete you will have much better cutting results :)
    Mark and Trish

3. jkarnacki

jkarnacki Member

Well here it is all put together. 2212-13 motor from bphobbies, 10x5.5 prop, 9 g servos, and a 3 cell 1500. I've just been waiting for the weather to cooperate to fly it! Then I get to cut a second one out for a flying buddy, and hopefully it will come out much better as mine needed a lot of trimming for the parts to fit (mostly the two fuse sides). Since I cut this, though, I have cut out the snowflakes (after adjustments) which look absoultely perfect so I'm hoping when I cut this plane out for a friend it will show off the capabilities of the MKIII :cool:[attachment=1]IMG_1084[1].jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]IMG_1085[1].jpg[/attachment]

- Jeff Attached files .jpg][​IMG] .jpg][​IMG]

4. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

How many grams is that 1500mah battery? That's a lot more battery than I would have guessed. On my 32" size planes I get 10 minute outdoor flights on a 3S 750mah. Granted it's not all hanging on the prop flying but, I do a fair share of stirring the sticks. At times I will take the plane up as far as I can follow orientation and kill the prop. Kinda fun to pretend its a glider or sometimes a lawn dart!