1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Access

Discussion in 'Trouble Shooting - Support - Help Section' started by Subdoc, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Subdoc

Subdoc New Member

I am new to this forum. I have registered and I have signed on. Still, when I find items of interest, I have a message which states "You do not have permission". So...what is this about? How do I get permission?

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Are you logged in?
    If so try to navigate away from the page and clear your cookies and see if that works if not please let me know as it may be a setting I need to change.
    Thank you
    Mark

3. Subdoc

Subdoc New Member

Mark, thanks. I will try again later.

Chuck

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Sometimes, the server suddenly thinks I am not logged in, so I must log in again. I have deleted all my PP related cookies, numerous times, but it seems to make no difference.
    However, every time that happens, when I get back in, I notice the main page has been changed or some other mod has taken place on the Forum. Maybe it's just me, but . . .
    Anyway, Subdoc, look in the upper right corner of the window, just below the PP picture and the Forum "Search" bar, to see if your computer and the server think you're still plugged in. If not, just do it again. :)

5. Subdoc

Subdoc New Member

Dorsal, thanks, I will check that out. Currently on that upper corner is has my user name where "Login" used to be. I have noticed sometimes after logging in is still says "login". It could be I have it right this time.

Chuck

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Dorsal that is interesting, I wonder if when I update the announcements it some how refreshes the forums cache?
    Was that something that used to happen a lot and now it doesn't or is it still doing it?
    Thanks
    Mark

7. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

I just had to relog in

8. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't happen as often as it use to with me. I don't think it has anything to do with the announcement, because I don't have to re log in when you change it...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Y'know, it doesn't happen as often as it did last week or the week before that. However, I've been jumping from laptop to desktop and sometimes I'm still logged into the other, so I kinda expect to be asked to login again when I'm doing that. Sorry, but I'm probably adding too many variables to provide you any good data, Mark.

10. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Are you clearing your cookies at any time? I used to have the problem but I stopped clearing cookies and have not had to login for a long long time now.

11. Subdoc

Subdoc New Member

I just wanted to mention that when I log in my user name appears up where it says "Login". When I attempt to select a particular subject, my user name goes off and "login" reappears.
    Maybe this is helpful in analyzing what the problem could be.

Chuck

12. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Any chance you are running zone alarm? That's what happens to me sometimes, along with other things. The other thing is, alot of the time the pages don't load. It stops after the top light blue title where the login and search bar is. It's like it is trying to load something (or could it be accessing a outside site?), finally gives up, but just stops and doesn't continue with the rest of the page. The browser progress bar has finished, indication it's done. Generally, when this happens I refresh it (sometimes a few times) and eventually the page will load. If I turn off my fire wall everything seems to work ok, so I haven't mention this before.

When clearing cookie don't work, as a last resort, I shut off my fire wall, login and click through a few pages and turn my firewall back on. And every thing is fine for at least that day, sometimes alot longer. Zone alarm has a nice feature where you can have unique firewall settings for each website, so I got no clue. I've tried removing all restictions to phatforum, I could find. But I will just have to live with this solution, as I can't be without a firewall.

-Kwok

13. cptdragn

cptdragn Member

I've noticed that you have to re-login at times when you are going from page to page. This happens most of the time for me when I'm using the 'back" button on my mouse. I'll go into a new forum area and all the photos and files will have the " You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post." warning. If you look up at the top of the page you'll notice that you are logged out. I have simply been re-logging in to resolve the problem but it can be a pain if you have to go back though a number of pages to get to where you were before. I'm using Norton 360 for my firewall and don't have the page loading problems Kwok has so that itself may be a ZA problem.

14. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

Mine has done that a couple times. But not lately. I don't clear out my cookies like I used to. Have to log into different places all the time. Can'''t remember half my passwords now :lol:

Frank

15. Subdoc

Subdoc New Member

Frank, I hear you about remembering passwords. At my age, remembering a lot of things is a problem. Thanks for the input all of you. I will try to work with the system and work the bugs out. While I am at it, I have not built the kit yet. I have assembled the parts. I could not find black ABS anywhere. Will 3" white PVC schedule 40 work and if not, why not? It most certainly is not going to flex at 2' long.

Chuck

16. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

White is fine. It's what I used.

17. Thewz

Thewz Moderator

My Internet Explorer updated a little while ago and now I get the "Login" loop.....

Cleared all the logs, cache, cookies......it still thinks I need to login.....and login and login.... :shock:

I use Firefox as well and have never had issues with it. ;)