1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Arrow QUAD

Discussion in 'Multi-copter/Helicopter Plans' started by kram242, Apr 11, 2011.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Hey guys here is the second in a series or frames developed for platforms for your quad adventures on the Phlatprinter!
    This is the second attempt. I made this arrow quad after trials on the QikQUAD and arm breaks, this one uses arrow shafts aluminum cut at 5" lengths. The nice thing about this one is that you can make the shafts any size you want to fit different motors and frames. There have also been a lot of tweaks done to this one in comparison to the QikQuAD. The canopy for the QikQUAD will not fit this one and you would have to modify the canopy file or just make one to fit.
    1/16 garolite CE (canvas woven) much stronger then the standardized grade xx Garolite.
    The arrow size I used was 2219 this is the medium size arrow with the thickest inner wall i could get.
    I did not add the PhlatCODE for this one so if someone works it up, please share it :doubleup:
    This particular quad design is not solely mine. I saw a pic of one like this and wanted one so I made it.
    Let me also state that these are totally experimental so not are parts may be right you may have to tweak the design and that the design is largely based on pictures of quads I have seen other people build and fly. The designs need work and were left as prototypes somewhere along the process during the design process.

Here is my http://www.HobbyKing.com Test bed order for electronics (Note: same as the QikQUAD)

SK-2826-1000 TGY AerodriveXp SK Series 28-26 1000Kv / 240
    TAE-25A Turnigy AE-25A Brushless ESC
    Z22003S-25 ZIPPY Flightmax 2200mAh 3S1P 25C
    T60XT60 Connectors Male/Female (5 pairs)
    H9011A 9x5 Propellers (5Pcs/Bag)
    H9012A
    9x5R (Counter Rotating) Propellers (5Pcs/Bag
    GWPRO002S3D
    GWS HD8040 3 Blade Prop (2pc pack)
    GWPRR002S3D
    GWS HD8040 3 Blade Prop Counter Rotate (2pc)

Here is the Gyro I am using right now from http://www.rcdude.com
    The FY-90Q
    http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-1905/ ... zer/Detail

These designs should serve as a starting point or a helper in getting your quad built
    Have fun and be sure to post pictures!
    Mark and Trish

* FREE PLANS AVAILABLE FOR ALL PHLATCLUB MEMBERS *

PhlatClub VIP Members can Download here:
    viewtopic.php?f=251&t=2699 Attached files [​IMG] src="http://www.phlatforum.com/xenforo/converted_files/27925=10972-2011-04-08 14.07.07.jpg" class="gc-images" title="2011-04-08 14.07.07.jpg" style="max-width:300px" /> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] latforum.com/PhlatforumVB/converted_files/27925=10986-2011-04-11_084358.jpg" class="gc-images" title="2011-04-11_084358.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

2. blindflight

blindflight Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Mark & Trish :doubleup:

3. kram242

Your welcome Al :)

4. thunder hawk

thunder hawk Member

G.H. Boyd Systems, P.O. Box 235 Griffith, IN 46319
    Thanks Mark @ Trish.
    This looks like it will be a fun project to build. :doubleup:

GHB :D

5. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

What are the requirements to be a PhlatClub VIP member? I haven't been able to figure that one out yet. Is there a background check, secret hand shake or at least a cool hat that goes with the famed status? OK, I'll settle for the login password.
    :D

6. kram242

Dug all you need is have to have one of the Phlatboyz machines, one of the perks of being a PhlatClub member is that you gain access to some of the more privileged designs that the guys want to share :good: You should have received a password to get in already, but if not I will PM you it now.
    Have fun! :D
    Mark and Trish

7. kram242

Hey guyz added this to the Phlatforum free plans section, I think everyone can have fun with this :good:
    Mark and Trish