1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Can't Get This Model to Generate Code?

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by dugd1013, Feb 17, 2011.

1. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

I'm a bit lost on this one. I can't seem to get his file to generate G-code. I haven't had any difficulty with any of my other files. Earlier the outside cut tool was generating multiple cut lines but, after I took some of the sharpness out of the flame points that issue went away. Lost?

Attached files Flame Template.skp (294.5 KB)Â

2. ewo

ewo Moderator Staff Member

Here ya go .

Attached files flames.cnc (31.1 KB)Â

3. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

Thanks EWO! What did I have going on that wouldn't let it generate code?

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

:02cents:
    Sounds like you may have had a corner with a tight angel, to tight for the offset radius of the cut line and there is an SU bug that will make these lines overlap and break the face for the offset. I think that's why when you took out the sharpness it went way.
    Mark and Trish

5. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

dugd1013,

That drawing you posted generated gcode just fine, in SU7.0 and SU8. I did try deleting the outside cut line and applying it again. For some reason, it didn't generate the phatface. But only the 1st time. Subsequent attempts, worked fine. This happened in both SU7 and SU8, with the 1st time not working. But then it was fine. Strange. If there is no face, there won't be any gcode for that loop.

-Kwok

6. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

I don't know what's happening with my machine but, I can't get the model to generate G-code. I tried deleting the outside cuts several times, welding, and still nothing. I seem to be getting a face alright from what I can tell. I don't know? I'm not very knowlegeable with sketchup so I can't figure out how to get the model into version 7. Besides I only have version 8 set up with all the plugins and tool bars at the moment. What a pain! Lots of painting to do and sketchup isn't helping with generating templates. I think it was faster to lay out patterns with masking tape rather than deal with this crap!

7. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

You can select everything and copy it, open Sketchup 7 and paste it. Now you will have moved the whole file to Sketchup 7.

8. ewo

ewo Moderator Staff Member

you do have a few stray lines in there.........
    deleat them and try again

9. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I can't paste stuff from 8->7. But 7->8 works fine. Best way to convert a file from 8->7, is just to choose the option to save as v7, from the save as menu.

btw, like I said before, that original posted drawing generated just fine without any changes. I am running a beta version of the phlatscript on SU8, so I converted and tested it with SU7.0 (running v0.924). That generated gcode just fine, also. So anyone else test the file? What was the results? I see it's been downloaded 18 times.

-Kwok

10. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Oops, I didn't realize that. I recently got a new computer and still haven't put 8 on it so I didn't know for sure that that method didn't work. Seems good that a person can just save it to 7 though.
    Thanks for the clarification Kwok.

11. kram242

I opened it in SU8 and saved it to SU7 like you did Kwok, and then ran the Phlatscript. Loaded the cnc file in CNCUSB and it worked fine here to.
    Mark and Trish Attached files [​IMG]

12. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Thanks, Mark. It worked fine for me in SU8 too with a phlatscript beta version. I just want to clarify, that I don't think it has anything to do with switching over to SU7, if that wasn't clear to anyone reading this thread.

-Kwok

13. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

After reading through the posts and looking at the file again I still don't why my SKP 8 file is dealing me a fit but, it must have a glich in it some where. I managed to break the design in half get half of it to generate G-code. If I copied and flipped a non coded half no code would generate. As long as I didn't flip the copy it would generate code fine.

I did take the time to set up SKP 7 and brought the file into 7 with no problem. It created g-code in 7 just fine. Man, when I least have the time and patience SKP 8 throws me a curve. Murphy's law! All is good now, thanks everyone for posting up their assistance. I definetly learned another useful tip while working through this issue. :worship:

Here's how the template was put to use. Only (60) more to get painted! :D I've been a bit busy with my Phlatprinter . :doubleup: Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. kram242

Sweet! You need to share this under the Phlatprinter projects this is awesome! :doubleup:
    Mark and Trish

15. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

16. scraighamilton

scraighamilton Member

dugd1013, those planes are great. Is that 6mm epp?

Nice work E-T.

17. kram242

Nice job ET!
    Thanks for sharing this
    Mark and Trish

18. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

The current production run is all done with 9mm EPP 1.3lb density. They will have a 1mm carbon rod triangle support structure on the left side only. Shooting for 175 grams ready to fly minus choice of 2s or 3s battery. There's an option for micro lite carbon rod and Du-bro wheel landing gear asembly. Great fun indoors or outdoors in light winds.

Right now I have four seperate kits in production. The Leadfeather designed 32" YAK, the Leadfeather designed 32 " Edge 540T, a 33" Extra and a 34" Wild One. The Extra is based off of the Leadfeather YAK and the Wild One is a my design which makes hovering a real blast.

We are nearly ready to launch our new website. Hopefully, within the next couple of weeks everything will be in place.