1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Curviloft

Discussion in 'Other Sketchup related softwares/plugins' started by kram242, Jul 18, 2010.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Jim's SketchUp [Plugins] Blog SketchUp News, Plugins, and Stuff has showcased Fredo's newest SketchUp plugin named "Curviloft"

To keep up with the latest Sketchup news and plugins please visit Jims cool Blog here:http://sketchuptips.blogspot.com/2010/06/plugin-fredos-curviloft-10a-beta-now.html

A Beta (functional although incomplete) version of Fredo's newest SketchUp plugin named "Curviloft" is available.
    This is a great plugin that will make skinning aircraft ribs a snap. Give it a try you are sure to love it! :D
    Unzip to your Sketchup plugins directory

Watch the demo video here, to see curvilofts awesome capabilities

[pre] <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-mhHiysqAM&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-mhHiysqAM&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> [/pre] Attached files Curviloft 1.0a and LibFredo6 3.5a.zip (565.6 KB)Â [​IMG]

2. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

WOW, too cool Mark, I need to try this one!! So many ideas :D

Thanks
    John

3. kram242

You will love this one! It really does a nice job. This is still in beta but its fun to use and works well. It should allow us to easily take a set of ribs in a line and create a good skin for unfolding.
    Mark

4. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

5. kram242

I was thinking boat hull when I first looked at this plugin and I must say it seems to work great for that! :D All of these cool skinning style plugins still lack in one area for us trying to fold a foam skin around a set of ribs and there is nothing that I have found besides sheet metal prg that will take in account for material thickness with bend radius.
    I know its out there we just need to find it :)
    Mark

6. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

These are good tools :) . I've been using them for a few weeks now. The lofting tools were the final ones I needed to move away from SolidWorks for good. There are a few others I wish I had in su relating to new x-y plane creations but for the most part I can brute force my way through. Resizing via the dimension would be great also.
    su is getting stronger and stronger :D

7. 1fatdog

1fatdog New Member

im lost on how to unzip files, it has been forever. please help or direct me to a topic link. thnx

8. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Right click on your zipped file and tell it to extract.