1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

does anyone know if this exists

Discussion in 'Other Sketchup related softwares/plugins' started by outland86, Dec 20, 2009.

1. outland86

outland86 New Member

hi all
    it is a special type of 2d filleting

does anyone know of a plugin to do this? T bone and Dogbone filleting

The 'Dog-Bone' and 'T-Bone' fillets allow toolpaths to ‘notch’ the inside corners of slots and grooves, allowing mating parts to fit flush against the true base of the pocket. This technique allows the radius of the cutter to be removed from the bottom of slots.

These filleting tools are perfect for designing model aircraft components etc. where precision fit is needed.

is this possible to add point and click dogbone fillets to inside corners on 2d line drawings in sketchup? this would be helpful for all cnc sheet material cuts

2. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

I know what you mean. I've built 5 or 6 router cut balsa kits, and the round fillet at the bottom of spar slots is really annoying. I looked through all of the Sketch up plugins, and all of smustard.com's plugins without finding anything like what you are looking for. The Phlatscript has peck drilling. If you put a peck drill point in the bottom corner of your spar slots wouldn't you accomplish what you are looking for ?

Jeff

3. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

When you asked this in the other thread I wasn't sure what you meant but now I do.
    One way you can work around this is to draw a small line diagonal to the corner, then add the centerline tool in the phlatscript to it at a depth percentage of 110% so it will cut all the way through the material. Another way of doing it would be to do the plunge tool (peck drill) option a little bit away from the corner to wipe out the radius like Jeff explained in the post above.
    Other than these options I don't believe there to be any type of plugins available that do exactly what your asking for.

Hope this helps.

4. outland86

outland86 New Member

thanks for your input

well i think its time to try and find someone willing to write a plugin for this
    it should be a simple 2D point and click operation with the ability to enter the arc radius
    to match the tool circumferance.
    then we can fit square pegs in to round holes yay :)

this will open up all sorts of cool things to make on a CNC routers or Balsa buddys for that matter.

and it would be user simple and stress free

makeCNC not War!

5. iGull

iGull Member

Hi

Just in case you missed it, I've written a boning tool called PhlatBone - you can get it on the phlatscript section.

Cheers

Neil