1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Dollar Tree Foam 99 cents!

Discussion in 'Foam Talk' started by strictly3d, Nov 1, 2012.

1. strictly3d

strictly3d New Member

Greetings All,

I do not know how many of you know about the Dollar Tree Foam Board. The foam board is 20x30 inches and about 5mm (.187 in) It has a paper backing which peels off rather easy. You can leave it on but it is 1 ounce per paper side, don't remember the weight before you peel off the foam or after (I will weight it if anybody is interested and post it here). It is great to draw on but if you need light peel it off. The foam reminds me of the older Cell Foam. It has a satin finish and softer than Depron. BUT, It is great for prototypes as well as flying models! Walmart has a similar foam board but it is heavy and has a thicker paper and does NOT peel easy. I am told you can soak it in water but that is alot of work compared to the Dollar Tree Foam.
    I like the cost 99 cents per sheet but you are limited to 20x30 inches. I use Bob Smith CA and I also tried believe it or not Gorilla Glue makes a super glue similar to CA it is like 5 bucks for a small bottle. You can even use accelerator in light sprays.
    If anybody is interested contact me for more details.
    Dan
    Strictly 3D
    Manufactures of High Quality Foamie Kits. (thanks to Mark and the Pflatprinter MK 3 of course!)

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I found that the best way to peel the paper off the foam is to use a product that is being sold in the dollar store too. It's called 'LA's totally awesome...'. There are a few products with this name and I found that they all work equally. Just spray the paper and while it is still wet peel it off. Fast and clean. Works every time.

I leave the paper on some models. On the TR260 that rescue91j1 designed I found that leaving the paper was way better than taking it off. Same thing on the fanjet.

BTW, here in SoCal we can get the foam board in another dollar chain called '99cent only'. And as I've posted before, in Toronto, Canada, I found it in a dollar chain called 'dollarama' but there it costs $1.25. :girl_cray2:

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Good informations guyz, thank you for sharing :good:
    Mark and Trish