1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

FlapJack Bipe.... FINALLY..A GREAT FLYING PLANE:)

Discussion in ''Aircraft KITS' you are working on' started by xtremeRCpilot, Mar 31, 2010.

1. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hello my Dear Friends!!!
    WELL, the time has come to announce my latest addition to the Phamily!!
    The FlapJack Bipe !!!!! After spending half of the winter trying to make a descent flying Bi plane, I fell to a dead end.... I was on the 6th version and could not get that thing to fly the way I wanted :( So , I took a flame to it, ashed the cut file and woke up with a fresh start and enthusiasm for a new design! Over this period I have been talking with some great guys who either design or fly competition and took all of there advice into account before starting back at the drawing board!!! After about a day and a few hours :) I put the MKII back on line and cut this bird with moderate expectations, because the majority said that bipes are very hard to get to fly without coupling, but, I was determined to prove them wrong and BAMMM She was born LOL :D
    After a long night I built up the bipe and decided to not waste my time on paint because the the last results of the previous plane.... Off to the dome that weekend and after showing the Boyz the newest design, I popped a batt in this thing and She was airborne!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG >>>>OMG!!! I cant believe it... This thing is unbelievably stable and maybe a click of trim and it was hands of upright and inverted flight!! Now the biggest test to come KNIFE EDGE ....... I can not believe this... It was so stable both left and right wing KE I about had a heart attack in excitement !!!! I couldn't have guessed the CG and battery location ... it was perfect and again, KE was unbelievably stable!!!
    So I kept going and throwing all the maneuvers I could think of and it just kept getting better, flat spins were so slow it looked like one of those twirly leaves you see in the fall from maple trees!! Knife edge loops..no problemo and four point rolls and harrier rolling circles were amazing!!! This was the last night for our local dome and I left there so stunned I had to slap myself LOL :D I had a good Friend of mine fly it and he already put his order in as he said this is his indoor plane for next year!! He flys local pattern competitions and this is a huge honor to get his response!!! I just finished another one with paint I intend to bring to Toledo and hopefully fly and get the ETOC guys to fly it! I am helping out this year and have a connection that is working out the details :) I have to apologize there was no contest but once this thing was built and flown I could not resist to throw this name on it and my intention was to have a bipe with duel landing gear as all my flying buddies kid me about always flying inverted and having me land upside down ha ha ha :D So without further a do!!! I present to you the xtremefoamies.com latest plane the ..........
    FlapJack Bipe!!!

Thanks for checking it out guyz!!!
    John
    Here is a link to the plane specs.... http://www.freewebstore.org/XtremeFoami ... 99770.aspx Attached files [​IMG] yle="max-width:300px" /> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Dude, I am so ready to drive to Cleveland and drop some planes off for you to paint for me. Your work continues to amaze me :shock:

3. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Jeff, I am always up for some company as long as you dont my mind my little rugrats hang'n with us :D We could do a paint night and you will be a pro in no time flat!!! One word STENCILS !!!!

John

4. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

John,

Simply Gorgeous!!! :p

-Peter

5. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

John Carver Aeronautical Designs. You my friend are quickly becoming a lead aircraft designer of professional quality competition aircraft that cannot be beat! With the capability of tweaking these designs on the Phlatprinter until you have them dialed in, your designs are top of their game. You are using this machine to its full potential, and we can't be more proud of you. :)
    Keep on doing what you are doing John and the comp pilots will quickly pick up on this and want to fly your designs exclusivity! You are making a name for your self in this hobby with your hard work and dedication to perfection, and it will pay off.
    Really awesome job John.
    Us Phlatboyz will be proud to say that we knew you way back when :D
    Mark and Trish

6. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thank you Peter!!! :) I am grateful for the kind words!!!!

Thank you Mark, this means alot to me that you are always there to back me up!! You are right, the Phlatprinter is the PERFECT tool to make any design and improve on it!!! It is so exciting when you get one to fly just right !! So how does JCAD sound for the design team of xtremefoamies ;) That would be awesome to see one of my planes at the ETOC !! Maybe one day but I must stay humble and keep enjoying this hobby as a hobby :D I hope to keep making you guyz proud, because I get so excited when I finish a design and it comes out as the last few have, with great response from pilots and Friends alike!! I will keep doing this as long as the Good Lord is willing and hope to keep amazing myself and others with the finish product!! This is so FUN!!!! Thanks again my Dear Brother, see ya next weekend!!

John

7. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Also guyz if you look real close at the picture of the plane upright with the upper landing gear , where it meets the horizontal fuse, I came up with a cool grommet so they can be removed!!

Thanks
    John Attached files [​IMG]

8. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

9. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Dang John, this one sounds and looks awesome!!! I can't wait to see some video of it flying. I know it is going to fly sweet! It is an awesome feeling to draw it, cut it, and fly it, and then sell it :D I had a guy get one of the Lucky Yaks, and he waited for to test fly it, and when he handed me his Transmitter I looked down and the model name was Lucky, man I almost lost it, it was so awesome.
    We wish you all the luck brother, the man up stairs has blessed you with many talents! Looks like there is going to have to be a FlapJack in my trailer very soon :D

Awesome Job,
    Chris

10. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thank you Chris!!! I feel blessed to be having this experience with one of my Phlat Brothers!!! :) To see your creations being enjoyed by others is such a great feeling!! I look forward to getting a flight in with you soon!! :p
    Take care!!
    John