1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Gediplac Foam

Discussion in 'Foam Talk' started by theothers, May 4, 2009.

1. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

RCFOAM is taking pre-orders on their first shipment of this unique foam. It's much like Depron but more than 20% lighter! It looks like it will be available the first week in June. Just in time for the summer flying season.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

M&T - What about a PP discount?
    (Even 10% is better than full retail prices.) ;)
    Any word on that yet?

3. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Looks too expensive for my budget, the sizes are all goofy also 8" X 39".
    Really, how much is 20% lighter when foam is like a feather anyways?
    All the weight of my planes is the glue it seems. (I'm a hot glue fanatic)
    IMO flying outside weight isn't really a factor, maybe would be in the winter dome flying season. I prefer a heavier plane outside to combat what must have been the 2 windiest years here in a row.

I do see that they have what they call full sheets but the price is ouchy !!!!

4. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

The latest model i'm building is made from Gediplac. It looks (and cuts on the phlatprinter) exactly the same as Depron, but it is approximately 20% lighter. It's used extensively for F3P (indoor pattern competition) models, and is sometimes refered to as Extrupor foam. It's not as brittle as Depron and tends to crease rather than snap, it also appears to absorb shocks (crashes) better than Depron.

It's great for F3P models and micro sized models where every single gram counts, but for your typical indoor/outdoor shockflyer, personally i'd use Depron instead.

Si.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

So, firetrappe, Are you talking about the 3mm sheets or the 6mm sheets or do your comments apply to both? :?:

6. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

Dennis, I should have stated that I only have experience with the 3mm sheets, thanks for picking me up on that point. I have never seen or heard of the thicker 6mm sheets before so I can't comment.

I would like to say that i'm really pleased that RCFoam is supporting the Phlatboyz. I've imported over £200 worth of EPP from them this year, and it's the best quality and most accurately cut EPP i've ever bought (and i've bought a lot over the past 3 years from all over the world!).

If would be great if as a Phlatprinter owner I could get 10% off my EPP orders.

Si.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Si, check your email - instructions should already be there. I didn't understand at first, either. They had to talk r e a l l y - s l o w for me, but even I finally got it.
    Of course, getting a rebate for orders already shipped is not possible, but I don't think that's what you're asking.
    For the rest of you, contact M&T if you haven't received an email from them already about this.
    It's a simple procedure, but it probably shouldn't be discussed on this open Forum for any non-owners to try to take advantage. PM me or M&T if you have questions. ;)

8. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

Thanks Dennis, i got your PM. That's really cool! At least it will help ease the charges we get stung with sometimes by British Customs :roll:

I did receive the email from M&T, but I wasn't sure if EPP qualified for the discount as the email stated "10% discount on Depron and select items"

Thanks for clarifying this.

Si.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I think they ought to fix the name though - it sounds like something used in the Geriatrics Ward of a Hospital. :shock:
    Maybe something to cushion loose dentures. :lol:

10. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

I'm wanting to order some foam but am still waiting on an E-mail from RC Foam :cry:

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Jnida63 and the rest of you PhlatHeads (oh, alright, PhlatCrew), just go to their website, click on the "Register" button on the right. Then fill in the info, and at the bottom, where it says "Membership", select "Tier 1". They'll "check your credentials" and process your membership and discount qualifications from the data you give them.
    (They know who we are, thanks to M&T :D )

12. JBourdon

JBourdon New Member

firetrappe, do you get it from UK?

13. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

Jean, Yes, I got some free samples from a friend who is selling it at his shop : http://www.modelshopleeds.co.uk/catalog ... 41f0b27c1e

BTW, I just got an email from RCFoam notifying me that my account has been upgraded to 'tier 1'. I hadn't requested an upgrade, so I guess RCF are being pro-active which is nice to see :cool:

Si.

14. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Dorsal,
    Thanks for helping to explain the process, that should help a lot of guys get upgraded.
    firetrappe
    Guyz
    Neil and Steve over at RCfoam have really gone out of their way to make this happen and we can't thank them enough. I am glad to see that it is showing here on the Phlatforum.
    Mark

15. meistertek

meistertek Member

RCfoam just upgraded my account to "Tier 1" also. This happened about a week after I registered following Dorsal's instructions above.

16. JBourdon

JBourdon New Member

got that email too.
    I think I'll skip, only in 3mm in UK, and too expensive

17. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

I am going to try this foam on my next order!! Looks very promising for the upcoming indoor season! :cool:

John