1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

GoldenEYE-UAV

Discussion in 'Strange Aircraft' started by kram242, Dec 9, 2008.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

2. Spadman82

Spadman82 New Member

i am new to the forum and i ran across this design. i am having trouble viewing the zip files. is there any other types of files or other files i can look at on this airplane to cut template from? i would love to get her going. it would be hand cut at this point of course, i haven't bought a printer yet. maybe closing the tolerance on the prop to get the pressure in the tube up and maybe a 3 blade cut down to flat tips in a recess along the blade track to further seal it up. the design would have vectored thrust if there were movable surfaces inside the rear of the tube outlet. :twisted: thanks very much for the help and if nothing else, i will just get Crash to cut it for me and i will have him help me with the R&D.

3. kram242

Spadman82, That would be great! I would love to see someone try this one. I have unzipped the files and posted them in there raw format for you. I created this file a long time ago before we started uploading them unzipped.
    Have fun with it and please post pics of your results. This is going to be cool! :)
    Mark

4. Spadman82

Spadman82 New Member

Thanks a bunch Mark. :D

5. kram242

NP really looking forward to the results as I never had the chance to try this one. :)
    Mark

6. Spadman82

Spadman82 New Member

i am in the process of downloading the images Mark. what will be the best program to view them with? Adobe doesn't want them and explorer is refusing too. thanks for the help and i am sorry for being a pain. :)

7. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

Spadman82, you have to d/l su here http://www.phlatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=440 and that will open the ***.skp file. Here is where you can see and Mod the files. You do not want to upgrade google su from this point as the new version does not let you import dxf files.

as for the ***.cnc files mach3 opens them and is the code that runs the pp you make the ***.cnc files in SU.

Cheers
    E-T

8. Spadman82

Spadman82 New Member

ok cool, i got it! it looks easy enough right now. my wife and i are trying to use Adobe illustrator to make tiles to make template from. it will be too easy (or so she says!) :lol:

9. Spadman82

Spadman82 New Member

ok, the templates are being cut and the Goldeneye will be in the bones tomorrow! :eek: not bad for a cheap guy with only 1 rusty dull xacto blade and a near new bundle of FFF to hack up! :eek:
    Mrs. Spadman is to thank for the resize and printing of the plans. she did what i am as of yet still leaning to not mess up beyond repair. it is nice having a lady who only kinda gets mad about rc stuff. :D

10. Spadman82

Spadman82 New Member

well, the build marches on. i figured out that cutting reliefs for bends in FFF is harder than i had thought. tape will come to the rescue, but it would have been nice to practice those cuts before razor met foam. also, i have a brushed motor and speed controller combo out of a wrecked ARF (i know, i know) and it should be twice the needed power. so much for the need for brushless. i can't wait to hear that howl of that ducted prop!!!!!!

11. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Man I look forward to seeing this one completed and a flight video :)

12. Spadman82

Spadman82 New Member

it is moving slowly. i went from having lots of time to work on it to a full week overtime and other obligations. i was talking to people yesterday about the forum and this very design. i hope i drummed up some more converts to the site!!! :D

13. kram242

Spadman82, Thank you for this.
    So far it been word of mouth only besides the Toledo show and I have to say we are amazed on how fast this is going.Its really exciting to see this business grow.
    I can't wait to see this design in the air (if it works) I have never had the chance to try it and I am really curious about its ability to fly
    Mark

14. Spadman82

Spadman82 New Member

you are welcome Mark.