1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Guitars

Discussion in 'DXF's and DWG's' started by kram242, Apr 29, 2009.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Here are a lot of guitar dxf files for you to import into SketchUp and work with
    Enjoy
    Mark
    Attached files guitar.zip (1009.4 KB)Â

2. yabeweb

yabeweb New Member

It's time to post some o my work (it wouldn't have been possible without Kram files and help!).

As some of you know i started making a guitar (i used a manual cutter since i do not have a CNC) and shaped it after....well Homer Jay Simpson...:D:D

I have yet to finish but here you can see what i a chieved so far:D

Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

man that is great when you miss a note you can yell Dooh! Very cool.

4. kram242

Incredible! Really nice work yabeweb
    That is just too cool!
    Mark

5. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

6. yabeweb

yabeweb New Member

Thank you all for the "coolness" :D:D I am actually considering a D'hou button somewhere that when pressed allows the D'hou sound into the output jack....

Now with a CNC that would have been very easy and "fast" unfortunatly i do not own one yet but considering one that i saw here (you saw the kinbda job i need to make...so if you have any suggestion on model and such....)

Once again i need to thank Kram if it wasn't for his help in finding drawind of guitar (that helped me understand guitars....since i do not play nor know anything about how they work) he is very supportive, anything i asked (as DXF) he delivered and it is very hard to find a nicest person around.

I will keep you guys updated and post more picture as i go on, so again if any suggestion orcomment comes to mind please tell me!

thanks

Drew

7. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Thats too cool man. Can't wait to see the finished piece.
    Speaking of the "dhou"... A friend of mine downloaded a funny Homer "dhou" plugin for Sketchup. Every time you hit the undo button it makes the sound :lol: . I think he found it at Rubylibrarydepot.com

8. yabeweb

yabeweb New Member

Just out of curiosity .. bow much would you think a guitar like that could sell??

I mean i know it'll probably have a lot to do on how it sounds.... but considering a development point of view how much do you think it'll be worth??

Not that i am planning on selling it (it's a present i am making for my GF).

Thanks!

9. kram242

Drew you are too kind :) Thank you
    I was searching around on the net to see if I could find any prices on custom guitars and came across this place you may want to check it out.
    I could not find any prices but they do carry custom guitars and I am sure will a little time one could find the prices.
    http://www.edroman.com/customshop.htm
    Really nice work on this creation. Cant wait to see the paint job on this one, its really going to set it off! :D
    Mark

10. yabeweb

yabeweb New Member

Thanks again for the link, I actually saw that some time ago and was amazed by some of his work (some paintjob are outstanding).

I already got a semi order for a custon guitar (it'll all depend on how this will sound) and considering making a Violin shaped stile guitar (something on like this http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Uqbq06mlbPA/SjOrO ... %252F1.jpg)

If i do go along and make it i will post the plans for that one so i can finally contribute to this forum.

Also Kram... do you know what cutter i can use do to such jobs??? doing them by hand like i did this one is just too demanding (if it ever picks up orders) i need something that can cut this kinda thickness.

I am finishing some woork on Homer, rounding edges and i should be done by next week, then i need to finish the pastic that covers the holes and i should be set for painting, as said before i will update you guys on the development ;)

Drew

11. kram242

I like the violin one!
    As for your question on what cutter to use. You would need a heavy duty cnc machine for this type of work. I would go with one of the the machines that the guys are building in the Other CNC machines section. They have done the homework and are building a few different versions now. It will be a little on the pricey side with the bigger steppers and high-end components but with the right router say a 2hp it would be able to do wood routing no problem.
    Looking forward to your update with the painting :)
    Really nice work Drew
    Mark

12. yabeweb

yabeweb New Member

Hello everyone, after many delays i finally managed to resume working on the guitar, here you can see the latest update, it is basically finished just need soundcheck (due tomorrow) painting (due next week...) and... well it'll be wrapped and gifted to my wife.

I'll upload the next images when finished!

Ciao

[​IMG]

Andrea

13. 3DMON

Nice work!
    I was wondering if you ever got around to finishing it.
    By the way the other pics you posted are no longer showing. Maybe if you could upload the pics here instead of linking to them they would stay.

14. yabeweb

yabeweb New Member

Ok..it doesn't make it justice yet... the stickers are on the way and they will definetly render this guitar cool.

As soon as i finish i promise to take a better pic ...maybe witha reflex.....

It's finally all getting finished :D Attached files [​IMG]

15. yabeweb

yabeweb New Member

Well... it took me one year...(delays delays and mre delays) but i finally managed to finish it.. now all i need to do is put strings and tune it... here for your joy the Homer Guitar!!!

Comments are very appreciated and criticism will be used towards guitar number 2

D' hou!!!!! Attached files [​IMG]

16. 3DMON

That is tool cool.
    The guitar came out great.
    I'm sure your girlfriend is gonna love it.

17. JamesRS

JamesRS New Member

A very good friend made this one, he did the airbrush work also.I purchased it from him, I'm not too sure if you know the band Queensryche or not, the body is there band logo. Also the whole band autographed it
    I gave it to my wife for christmas,she's a huge fan. The things people can build simply amaze me. I love the Homer guitar Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. yabeweb

yabeweb New Member

I wish i could airbrush like that! awesome guitar!

19. yabeweb

yabeweb New Member

If anyone wants to see it playing.... well i got someone trying it out for me (i dunno how to play ;);) )

Here's the youtube link

Feel free to comment ;)

20. kram242

WOW that guy ROCKs on the homer! Very cool yabeweb, Sounds great too. What a cool project. Just watching makes me want to go play mine :) but alas work first!
    Thank you for posting this is AWESOME!
    Mark

21. 3DMON

The Homer sounds great! You did good man!

22. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Those are just way too cool!!!! Even if I wasn't a fan of the Simpsons and Queensryche I would still like them ;-) Rush is my all time favorite band, but Queensryche is the the clump of second bests.
    I can't even begin to do work like that.