1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Having to log in everytime?

Discussion in 'How to navigate the Phlatforum' started by Crash, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

This is no biggie, but I thought I would bring this up.

Every time I visit the the link for this forum (www.phlatforum.com) I have to log in. Every other site I visit, Firefox remembers my login info and logs me in automatically.

Does everyone else here have the same issue?

Well, I just found out something. If you visit www.phlatboyz.com first, and then access these forums from the link on their site, you get logged in automatically!

Weird, huh?

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hmm mike that is a weird one. I am going to have to go to the bb forum for this one,
    Are you using Firefox? (can't remember) Just asking for the search over there.
    Thanks
    Mark

3. Crash

Yessirree! Firefox 3.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Firefox 3 here, and I don't have to login at all. My computer remembers the login for me.
    Go to "Tools", "Options", "Security", then click on "Saved Passwords". Select the "Show Passwords" button to make life easier while you search, then search down for "http://www.phlatforum.com" and delete those entries.
    Then logout of the Forum and close the "Phlatforum.com" tab.
    Now when you come here the next time, it should ask if you want it to remember your password. Click "Yes" and you should be done.

5. Crash

No dice, Dorsal. I did just what you said, but it doesn't log me in. My username and password are in the fields correctly, but it doesn't log me in automatically unless I click on the link from the PhlatboyZ site. It must be a Mac thing...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Oh, it's a Mac. You have my most sincere apologies and condolences. :(

;)

Try going to "Tools", "Options", "Privacy". Select the "Show Cookies" button and search down for anything related to phlatforum and delete those entries. Then logout of the forum, close the browser and retry. Maybe you've got a funky cookie in the cookie jar.

7. Crash

I did that, too, but still no bueno. As a matter of fact, after doing the cookie thing, I lost the ability to log in automatically after hitting the PhlatBoyZ site first! lol

Funny thing, it's doing the same thing on my Alienware lappy. Go figure!

Whatever the cause, I'll just deal with it. Ain't nothing making me go back to IE!! :lol:

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Amen Brother, Amen!

9. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I'll post this here as well just incase you guys are getting some of your forums

I talked to them (our host) and they say that it is a cookie issue, or maybe something that is blocking the cookies that this site is trying to send to your system.
    Thats all they had but I am still looking into it on the php boards so If I find it I will let you know.
    Thanks for being so understanding about this
    Mark