1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Heli Landing Pad

Discussion in 'Functional Aircraft Accessories' started by jovian, Dec 24, 2010.

1. jovian

jovian Member

Well with Mark and Trish getting some Heli's then my wife getting me the Blade 120 SR I decided to make a little Heli pad for some spot landing practice. So I wiped it up this morning and got a proto type but together and it worked pretty well. So here are the files for those of you that would be interested. If you build one let me know and post it on the thread. As a side note I would appreciate it if no one redistributed the files as I would like to keep them for Phlatboyz members only as a special thank you for all of their help.

Attached files HeliPad.cnc (19.2 KB)Â HeliPad.skp (149.5 KB)Â [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Ain't that cool... I plan on getting the SR micro here soon. Any problems with the pad moving due to rotor wash?

3. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

That is some 'spot landing', jovian!!! You must be really, really good it you can land on it. I tried a lot of times and was happy when I was able to land, period. :D And if it was still in my yard, bonus!!! :D

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nick you Rock my brother! This is awesome!
    I am going to fill mine with some sand so it can't move before I glue it up. Or maybe I should put a hole in the bottom and fill it with plaster of Paris. Either way its going to be sweet!
    Thanks again for sharing this. :)
    Mark and Trish

5. jovian

jovian Member

I think with the msr or the mcx you would be fine. but the 120 was slightly to big and the wash did make it move till I weighted it down with some spare washes underneath. I don't consider myself that good at flying helis but I was getting into 3D with a T-rex 500 until the crashs caught up to my pocket book. I will see if I can find some video for yall.

6. jovian

jovian Member

Here it is. Like I said not very good, particularly watching it again :)

7. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Not that good! Man that was incredible! I have been flying this little guy and I see how hard it is. Way to go Nick and since Trish knows what its like to try and video a moving target she says great job with the video :)
    Mark and Trish

8. jovian

jovian Member

I will let her know.