1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

How thick is a bundle of FFF?

Discussion in 'Foam Talk' started by ttraband, Aug 26, 2009.

1. ttraband

ttraband Member

I'm finally to the point of building a cart to hold my Mark I.5 phlatprinter in it's "cone of silence." Since the footprint is so large (2' x 4'), I'm planning on incorporating dedicated space for the computer (a Dell SX260 thanks to the heads-up in the forums here), a small vacuum, and an accessory drawer (cutting bits, collet wrench, fold slicer, etc.). I also want to store stacks of foam on shelves inside the cart. I don't have a fresh bundle of foam at the moment, so can anyone give me the measurement for a bundle of FFF?

I'll post pics once I get this monster built.

Thanks everyone.

2. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

FFF is 2' x 4' and about 6" thick. The thickness varies, since it's a folded and springy. I've seen it squish down to a absolute min of 5.5", but then it's going to be real hard or impossible to even slide that in. Also, if you look at a bundle from the end the 2' edge is not totally square, so I think maybe 25" be a better minimum? It's best if you buy a bundle and see for yourself.

-Kwok

3. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

ttraband, can't wait to see your table. Sounds like good planning to include all of the bells and whistles that you are after. Looking forward to your pics.

Mark and Trish