1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

how to NOT cut a part

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by Ringo Davis, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Ringo Davis

Ringo Davis Member

I'm cutting dollar tree foam, when I get to a very sharp point it tears the paper on the foam. I would like to skip 1 cut on the outside edge. Is there a way to do that? I did an outside cut then just deleted that 1 part but when I generate the Gcode none of the part gets generated. I also tried doing all Fold cuts at 100% for that part except the 1 line and the part still didn't show up when I generated the gcode. I thought that would have worked for sure. Any thoughts? I included a pic to show the line I don't want to cut, I'll just do that 1 by hand.

Attached Files:

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

The only way I see to do it in SketchUcam is to cut these parts using the center line tool rather than the outside line tool.

Draw an offset line of the tool the size of the lines of the outside line too. Then, use the center line tool to mark the offset lines and trim them at that corner that you don't want to be cut. Look at the part, I did only one, in the attached file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  3. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

HI
    There is no way to produce an outside cut with missing lines.

I would just put a 0% tab right there on the sharp corner. Then the corner will not be cut but the gcode will generate properly.

upload_2018-8-24_14-50-9.png upload_2018-8-24_14-51-45.png

Attached Files: