1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

I need some helpful advice.

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by Don Fillenworth, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Don Fillenworth

Don Fillenworth New Member

I have a small CNC machine (MyDIYCNC.com) I've need to be able to generate g-code with .gc file extensions in order to be able to run files on the machine. I've looked at producing a product in Inkscape and then working with MakerCAM, but the generated g-code has .nc file extensions. Is there a way to convert .nc files to .gc files? Also, will the Phlatboyz plugin for Sketchup be able to generate .gc files?

Sorry for what might be a "nooby" question to some. I am new to this and trying to learn before I begin a build modeled after the OX machine in Openbuilds.

Thanks for any advice!

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

In this case the extension on the file does not matter, since the content of the file is plain text in the form of the Gcode language.
    So, just rename the file to have the extension you need, or set the extension when you save the file.

If you use Sketchup + SketchUcam to draw and generate Gcode, then you can set the extension in the Tools|Phlatboyz|Options|File Options menu, then all new Gcode output will have that extension.

3. Don Fillenworth

Don Fillenworth New Member

Thank you! I'll try that.