1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

IPAD Holder

Discussion in 'Functional Art/Craft Designs and Others' started by Flashsolutions, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

I just acquired an IPAD and after some use, realized it would be great to have something to support it on the table while watching videos.

I seem to remember one being in a contest, but could not find a su file for it so I made one for me.

Maybe others would have a use for it so I am posting it here. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] ipadholder.cnc (33.5 KB)Â [​IMG] ipadholder.skp (423.1 KB)Â

2. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Nice Flash. Yes, jovian submitted an IPad holder similar to yours for the Practical Phlatprinter Projects Contest. I don't know if the code/Sketch Up file was ever posted but it worked great. It made using the IPad much more enjoyable when sitting at a table or at a desk. Have fun with your IPad!

Mark and Trish

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice job Flash!
    Maybe I can scale it down for my galaxy tab :)
    Thank you for sharing this
    Mark and Trish

4. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I don't have an iPad but I do have a Gtablet so I had to make some changes to fit my tablet. I cut it out of dollar tree foam with a 1.6mm bit or .0630". I did not include the .cnc file since I don't know of anyone has that size bit. You may want to redo the phlatlines to suit your bit.

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Gtab Holder.skp (155.1 KB)Â

5. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Sweet! nice one Yoram
    Thanks for sharing
    Mark and Trish

6. jovian

jovian Member

Dont ask me how i managed to miss this. When i get back home i will post my version. It has workes with the ipad and my galaxy tab 10.1 with no problems.

7. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

I made several changes to my original iPad holder after using it for awhile. The lastest version is the 4th generation and works much better and should work with all tablets in both portrait and landscape positions.

There is now a cutout for the charge cord and the cutout for the tablet is now a J shape.

I use some adhesive backed rubber padding which I cut for the bottom edges. That helps to secure the foam better and reduces slippage.

I have made several of these for friends. Everyone loves them. Attached files narrow_ipadholder.cnc (26.3 KB)Â narrow_ipadholder.skp (403 KB)Â

8. jovian

jovian Member

Here is my version of the IPad holder that I submitted for the contest. It has several orientations that it can hold it at and has worked for both the ipads and galaxy tablets. Should fit any tablet you may have without modification.

Attached files IPadHolder.skp (73.9 KB)Â