1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Is 2.6 the one to get

Discussion in 'Mach3' started by foamlvr, May 18, 2009.

1. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

I am ready to download Mach3, and Like the subject says, is 2.6 still the one to get ? or is there a better one.

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

foamlvr,
    I use 2.6 as a stable release that I like to work with. I have made up a screen set for it(Phlatscreenset) that works great for the Phlatprinter.
    I know that some of the other guys are trying different versions and that some versions will not show the screens sets we made.
    You can down load any version that you like and give it a try.
    I just found that 2.6 works best for me and I really have not seen any notable differences with the new versions(mainly because I have not had time to check them out :) )
    If you do try a different version please let us know here how it works out, we are always looking to improve.
    Just a note that the Mach3 licence covers all versions of mach3 which is nice :D so we can try out all of them if we like.

Also Phlatboyz are now a distributor of Mach3 so if you like the trial and decide you would like to purchase a full licence, you can now purchase Mach3 at the Phlat-Store.

If any of you guys out there have tried different version of Mach3 other then 2.6,
    can you please weigh in here and let us know your experiences/recommendations.
    It would be a big help

Thank you
    Mark

Phlatstore - http://www.phlatboyz.com/new-phlat-store-buy-here/
    Mach3 version 2.6
    - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18&start=0
    Phlatprinter screen set for Mach3
    - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4&start=0

3. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I am running Version R3.042.020 (lockdown version) with no problems. Every time I update versions. I do have to go back and re-install the PP screens, then everything is set to go.
    http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php

5. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

Thanks guys

Can you check them out before downloading ? Are the differences significant ?

Jeff

6. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Dorsal and I both have smooth steppers. That driver requires the latest versions because it uses some of the new features incorporated in Mach 3.

You can rename your Mach3 folder and install a newer version if you just want to check it out for yourself.

We probably need some feedback from those using the printer port to give a more accurate assessment.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Oh yeah, I forgot! :oops: