1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Just ordered my very own Phlatprinter 3 (#50)!

Discussion in 'General Phlatprinter 3 Chat' started by scraighamilton, Jan 5, 2011.

1. scraighamilton

scraighamilton Member

Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I have been into hobby cnc for about 3 years now. I built my first cnc machine just to see if I could. I really didn't have a purpose for it, then I found out about foam airplanes and started cutting them out for me and my friends! I haven't look back. I have dabbled in cnc and by hand hot wire cutting. I've cut tons of combat wings for the local club and I love to fly them myself. Most of the phlat plane I cut out of epp foam and a few in depron. My friends are really hard on planes, thats why I cut mostly epp. I'm hoping to meet new friends and help/contribute to the Phlatprinter forum.

Thanks, Craig

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Welcome from #5... You will love the PP.

The Mk1 was my introduction to CNC. I shopped DIY CNC machines for many years until I saw this one. The Small foot print is what sold me. I just don't have the room for anything larger.
    The support from Trish, Mark and the folks here is way beyond first rate.

I've used my modified MK1 to cut hot wire templates from ply. Using a 4 flute router bit I didn't even need to sand the template to use.

3. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Welcome to the forum Craig. This is THE place to hangout to learn about your hobby, make new friends and get answers to your questions.

Be sure to tune in the live video feeds on Wednesday evenings if you can where Mark and Trish will update everyone with news and various building projects. If you can't make the live feed, it is always posted afterwards so you can view it at your leisure.

4. scraighamilton

scraighamilton Member

Thanks Guys,

rcav8r, I too cut my own templates. :) I laminate both sides of 1/4" mdf with Formica and then cut the whole thing out at once. Works great.

Flash, Thats funny you mention that, I have been watching a lot of the back logged shows. I well sure be there tonight. ;)

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Congratulations Craig, on making the decision to buy your PP and get into the game!
    You'll never regret the decision, but you are probably already feeling the long tentacles of the time-warp and time-dilation, as you get to wait for your PP to get cut, packed, shipped, driven, hand-carried on a rickety hand-truck with squeaky wheels and then someday in the way-distant future it will arrive.
    :lol: How do I know all that? :lol:
    Anyway, the PP is an excellent machine, and everybody here will help you if they can. Welcome to the Forum also.

7. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Welcome on board Craig! :D
    Thank you for your support and you can be sure you have real friends here of common interest.
    Have fun we look forward to seeing/ flying some of the ideas you have on the table.
    Mark and Trish

8. scraighamilton

scraighamilton Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Dorsal, lol, even if it was going to be here this weekend, I would be bouncing of the the walls! The next 30 days are going to be the longest days ever!