1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Lamina design software - Unfold complex volumes.

Discussion in 'Other Sketchup related softwares/plugins' started by pierrearchi, Jul 27, 2009.

1. pierrearchi

pierrearchi New Member

Hello,

I didn't heard of Lamina design software in this forum. A mistake i repair ... A fantastic software to unfold complex volumes ... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: : http://laminadesign.com/procmain.html

Bye,

Pierre

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Used it and love it! Thank you for bringing this up as I had forgotten all about that software.
    Since the start of using Sketchup I have been so busy working with that I had left a lot of other programs behind :)
    Back when I first saw this program, I contacted the guy who created this software(sorry can't remember his name) a while back and told him that he had pricing breaks for students and for schools. (Educational License $180.00) I asked him if he would allow a price break for artist and hobbyist as well and he did! :) He sent me the new invoice and I grabbed a copy for myself. Its been a while since I used it though but I would love to get back into it now that I have the MKII's speed and accuracy. On really nice feature of this software is the ability to compensate for material thickness in bends and connection points.
    I am going to download the newest version and see what has changed!!! :) (you have to love that, for me its the same feeling as if you hid money and find it years later)
    pierrearchi Thank you for posting this and reminding me of this software.
    Mark

3. pierrearchi

pierrearchi New Member

Hello again,

have a look to http://www.touchcad.com/ : more complex than Lamina but other possibilities .... ;) ;) ;) ;) . Nice video tuturials.

Bye,

Pierre.

PS : A place in your website with all softwares links and Sketchup plugins links will be nice (and easier) !!.

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice software I have looked at this one as well but really did not get into it too much as it was a little too much to take on at the time. thank you for sharing though

Good idea its added to the to do list
    Mark

5. papertrailz

papertrailz New Member

lectra is a good software to use, its ment for designing clothes and car seats, but you can import your 3d files and it will do the hard work for you. Gives you the pattern layouts ready for printing