1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Light Tent

Discussion in 'Functional Designs' started by kram242, Dec 23, 2009.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Here is an inexpensive 'light tent' diffuser for you guys to use to snap professional photos of your products to post.
    This is the link where I learned how to make one. It may be helpful as well.
    http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent

Here is a the live build show video so you can see how it goes together.

http://www.phlatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=1493&start=0

The material is any thin white fabric that lets the light through. Make sure to save the inside window cut outs for the sides and top to use as a pattern. Also make sure that you add a good 1/2" around the edge to allow a gluing surface for the material to the foam.
    This was cut from 3mm depron with a 1/16" bit, but maybe a better suited size for larger products would be 1/4"/6mm, just scale it and rework the cuts to the new foam thickness.
    Have fun Enjoy and if you take cool pics using it please share your technique and photos here.
    Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Light tent.skp (3.3 MB)Â LightTent.cnc (43.2 KB)Â [​IMG]

2. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

very cool, i rigged something real ghetto style for the photos i took for work. this is way nicer. if you shine light from all directions even the bottom there will be absolutely no shadows. great project mark, Trish....i may have to build one some day. great work, randy.

3. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I've been meaning to make something like this too. I tend to take a lot of close up pics, and this would be perfect.
    Thanks.

4. blindflight

blindflight Moderator Staff Member

Very nice, we all can use this!!!!
    Thanks

5. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

Yep, good idea alright. I do macro shots also and since all my items are encapsulated in clear plastic I'll have to mount a piece of glass at a 45°angle to snag the reflection, but that' no big deal. Having a built box ready to go would save my setup time. The glass was not used on this shot and a smudge can be seem at the top. I'll go 6mm depron because that's what I have ;)

[​IMG]