1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

mach-3 canned cycles..

Discussion in 'Mach3' started by rjarois, Nov 19, 2009.

1. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

whenever i get a lil time i mess with the mach-3 canned cycles, or as they call them "wizards". i looked at the bolt-hole drill cycle today...it works very well, and is quick to use.. it has 3 drill cycle selections...basic... deep hole... and peck cycle.....i first tested the peck drill, followed up by the basic drill cycle. i didnt bother with the deep hole, as on our machines ther isn't such a thing, lols. randy.

2. meistertek

meistertek Member

The drill pecking cycles look like they would probably work pretty well in very thick wood (maybe even aluminum on your gantry Randy!). This would be a good combo with Fozzy's multipass for certain jobs!

3. rjarois

meistertek, in the video the peck was set for .030in.

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice Randy, it really looks professional to watch the machine move like this. I think meistertek could be right. At the right speeds and feeds maybe you could do aluminum?
    Mark

5. rjarois

i am very sure you can get the speed and feed correctly.....the big problem your fighting is machine rigidity, and tool deflections. the 1/2in. dia linear rods are very flexible, like big rubber bands...the harder the material being cut, the more deflection. you will see when you get your new machine going...randy.

6. rjarois

ran another mach-3 canned cycle...it is a very cool angle slotting cycle, and also ther is a cool radius slotting cycle in it. i ran the radius slot...i didn't run the angle slot, but im very sure it works the same, but slot just being on a angle. this canned cycle looks to be very versatile, and i can see lots of uses. randy.