1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Making multiple items at once

Discussion in 'PhlatFORMER General Chat' started by Servelan, May 1, 2010.

1. Servelan

Servelan New Member

How would you space multiple small items to vacuum form simultaneously? Would three times the height be a good approximation? These would be very small items for dollhouse miniatures...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I don't have any "set" ratios for you, but the spacing will depend on the thickness of the object and the angle of the edges the sheet will need to draw down. I would guess that 3 times the height will be a good starting point for things 1/2" tall or less with 4X or more for anything at 1" thick. Some experimentation will be required if you are trying to optimize your material usage.
    M&T are the only ones here with a lot of experience on the PF so I hope they'll pop in here with some "numbers".

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys to be honest we did not have a heat source that would go all the way to the edges of the material until a few days ago, so we have been putting one item in the center of the sheet. Now that we are using the Rival skillet and it has the ability to heat the sheet evenly to to edges we really see that it could be done. There needs to be more testing done to see how well it works but as we try we will post pics and info.
    Thank you
    Mark and Trish