1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Mini M7

Discussion in ''Aircraft KITS' you are working on' started by dhc8guru, Oct 19, 2011.

1. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

Being a high wing STOL aircraft fanatic, I have been working on another one. This plane is a smaller indoor model. I made this prototype that flew great. I am down to tweaking the finer details. Changing around the electronics compartments and some minor tolerancing issues. Most of the electronics are concealed and the tail wheel is steerable.

Wingspan: 30"
    Length: 21"
    Flying weight is 5.6 Oz. I am running some pretty hefty components. They alone account for 3.5 Oz of the weight. So, it would be real easy to get the weight down, using some lighter servo's and a smaller battery. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. thunder hawk

thunder hawk Member

G.H. Boyd Systems, P.O. Box 235 Griffith, IN 46319
    Nice work. :doubleup:
    Please post a video of it flying. :cool:

3. blindflight

blindflight Moderator Staff Member

Very nice keeping it lite.. :idea:

4. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

I have been flying it outdoors so the extra weight is helpful with the wind. The wing is large enough to carry the weight. I am trying to find the right balance in size and weight, so it is both an outdoor and indoor flyer. It's a cool plane. It's pretty speedy with a HK Park 250 on a 2S with a 7x4 prop. This set up with 460mah battery, it seems to fly forever(probably 18min) Cutting down to a 200mah battery would bring down the weight and still give good flight times.

5. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

Here is a real quick video my wife took. Shortly before she took the video, I ran the plane into a fence post and broke the wing saddle on the right side. :eek: It still flew fine but I didn't want to push it. The wind was blowing at about 10 kts, tossing it around on landing. Oh well, a little Gorilla glue and it was good as new. Maybe tomorrow, I will take it to the indoor gym and fly it around.

6. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

I made a bunch of changes to the design. Changed up the profile of the fuselage for a more scale look. Enlarged the electronics bay so it would be easier to achieve the proper CG.