1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

MK 1.5 or belt mod instructions

Discussion in 'Original Phlatprinter MODIFICATIONS' started by vrealm, Oct 12, 2011.

1. vrealm

vrealm Member

OK, I am finally ready to try the belt mod. Does anyone know if a build log exists? I have searched the forums and found plenty of pictures but was hoping for complete instructions.

Thanks

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

I have some pics here... not a step by step, but should get ya going.
    viewtopic.php?f=107&t=1618

Also a few days someone posted a reduction for the Y axis. May want to search for that one... I found my 1:1 mod to work just fine.

3. vrealm

vrealm Member

Thanks, I saw those... Really curious how to get the belt lined up correctly and where to cut the holes on the sides of the case. I will be mounting the motor and idler on the outside.

4. rcav8r

I forget exactly how I did this... I did cut out the part in the ZY gantry first, then lined it up from there. I know one of those laser level type things that draws a straight line came into play at one point.
    I know it's a big step, but once you get started it kinda just seems to call together...
    If you want I can search through the pics I took to see if there are any different/better ones than the ones I posted.

5. vrealm

vrealm Member

Laser level sounds like the tool needed here... thanks rcav8r. If you get a chance I would appreciate the additional pictures.

6. rcav8r

Well I checked and didn't find any more pics of the belt drive mod. It all seemed so obvious at the time :)

In my MK1mod folder I did find some pics of my roller pressure mod....in case they may be helpful. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]