1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

MK-3 first cut.....

Discussion in '* Scratch Built Section *' started by rjarois, Jan 1, 2011.

1. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

finally got my phlatty mk-3 up and running....first thing i want to say is mark and Trish did a wonderful job with this project. also the vacuum set-up is awesome, its the best thing i like about the machine. i can probably bet this came from Trish, lols. anyhow i finally made my very first cut. some of you may know i build knives as one of my other hobbies. now i have a tool to help me draw up and lay-out my designs. before i would draw it out on the metal with a sharpie, but now the mk-3 takes it to a new level...after i prove out on foam, i use a v-tool to engrave the profile on the metal using lay-out die. the steel is mounted carrier to be cut .005 deep. then i can use to grind the shape. here is my first cut, along a previous project i made from my "old" phlatty. peace, randy.
    first mk-3 cut....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    previous build...
    viewtopic.php?f=59&t=2401

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Randy these knife projects are turning out awesome! I can't wait to see how they turn out on the new machine. :D
    Thank you for the kind words and for the help in the ideas that make this machine as cool at is it!
    Way to go brother!
    Mark and Trish

3. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

mark, Trish as of now i have the Mk-3 built, words cannot describe how nice this machine is. i have so many ideas floating around in my head, ya probably don't believe that, lols. as of now, I'm still in the test phase of this machine. it seems so robust and rigid, not lame like them spaghetti linear rods i had....with the multi cut, i think you will be seeing all kinds of different things, and not just r/c related from the group. my machine shows no sign of any kind of tracking or skewing issues. its just running like a dream. randy.