1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Model airport???

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by TigerPilot, Jun 20, 2012.

1. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

That has got to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen Yoram! :doubleup:
    Did you see the guy chopping down the tree and it falls on the house? (1:50) Even the electric starts to short out :D Every detail down to the turn signals and brake lights! Just unreal, loved it!
    Thank you for sharing this
    Mark and Trish

3. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Now that is REALLY COOL :cool:

4. Gere Sport

Gere Sport Member

The takeoff and landings and brilliant.

5. jonquinn

jonquinn Member

Someday I would love to travel to germany and I would definitely make a point to go to Hamburg to see this. Marklin trains are one of my other favorite pasttimes. They are the best HO trains period.

6. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Huh? didn't know this was in Hamburg. And I'm going to be about 2 hours out of Hamburg this summer... I don't think I can convince the family to make the side trip :-(

7. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Yes, it is in Hamburg. It also has, if I understood correctly, a railroad thingy with 10 miles of railroad tracks. The explanation was that no airport is without a train service (in Europe; any way :D ). It was made by two brothers. Identical twins. Identical even down to the bald head hairdo. The airport one, which is a copy of the Hamburg airport had cost 3.5m euro to make. They used about 50,000 leds for the project. Every 15min there is a 'night time' for 3min. Everything was done in the workshop below the 'airport'. The computer program that drives everything is a work in progress.

They have 1.1million visitors a year. It became one of Hamburgs greatest tourist attraction.

P.S. If you don't go with kids, go also to the Reeperbahn. See a 'live' show. :tease: Every time someone came to visit me that was the first thing they wanted to see. :nervous: :nervous: That was 30years ago, BTW, the model airport was not there yet. :D