1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

new to the phlat - with an offer to designers

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by WoodworkersWorkshop, Nov 12, 2011.

1. WoodworkersWorkshop

WoodworkersWorkshop New Member

Hi,

I first found out about Phlat by seeing marc0martin's sketchups on G-3D. I then got in touch with Mart and Trish (kram242) with regards to the free plans listed on the site.

Mark and Trish said I could go through the plans and if one of the designers interested us, we could contact them. We thought about that and considered the fact there may be some who are not interested. So rather than bother people, we are posting this offer of interest to any designer who's interested in making some pocket money.

We are a woodworking web site, that's mostly about woodworking plans and where to find them for free... or fee (pay). We've been online since 1998 offering a free access database that is searchable.

We also have an online plans store where we work with woodworking plan publishers (most of the widely known ones) and a number of independent designers to sell their plans online. We make the sale for them. Some designers print and ship (drop ship). For others who just want a payment each month whereby we print/ship and/or offer downloads for the customer. We ship worldwide. We pay each month. Some designers have a limited range of products and only make $100 a year, others offer a wider selection and earn over $20,000 per year.

Basically its like this, if you have a knack for drawing accurate plans, we have the means to help you sell them in our store. We have a fully automated download system. And we have a two types of printers; a Xerox all-in-one full color 8.5x11 and 11x17, and an Oce 36" wide format that prints B&W on 20# stock paper.

We are a duly registered Canadian company, WoodchuckCanuck.com, Inc.

We respect all copyrights.

So, what sells? Well we sell a lot of furniture/craft plans of course like toy chest, animal theme rockers, but we also sell a lot of yard art projects. If you have seen those Christmas Nativity scenes on peoples lawns in 2-D and 3D, or those Santa Sleighs, Reindeer and such, you know what I'm talking about. Halloween, witches, skeletons, etc. In the spring and summer, its picnic tables, whirlygigs and on and on.

If you are interested and ready to get going, you can contact me. If you have questions, feel free to post them here. That way if might take care of the next person who wants to ask the same questions. Looking forward to hearing from some of you!

Sincerely,
    Jim Barry
    President
    WoodworkersWorkshop.com

2. WoodworkersWorkshop

WoodworkersWorkshop New Member

Hi,

I'm a bit surprised no one took an interest in the offer we have. So I'll leave the offer here if someone changes their mind. Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Jim Barry
    President
    WoodworkersWorkshop.com

3. SilverFox

SilverFox Member

Hi Jim,

I check the forums every couple of days and click on the "New Posts" button to see what's new. This is the first time I've seen this post, so I don't know what happened.

I don't know about submitting any designs of my own, but it is nice to have another source for woodworking plans. I'll check it out.

Thanks