1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

no time for bulding...

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by rjarois, Jun 29, 2010.

1. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

hello fellas, Trish....since i have been back to work, ther is no time to build, and very little time to fly....i bought a little micro, and a Hyperion sniper-2. the micro flies OK but, well enough said, lols. the sniper was a breeze to glue up, as i did it in a weekend, very nice kit. i have yet put the first flight on it yet, but i know it will be a good performer. at 25.5 oz. and 400watts it should have good 3-d power :D :D 250watts per pound :D :D peace, randy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

I love my 4Site! It is a real performer. I have put a lot of hours on it and just last week had to resolder one of the battery leads to the brick. It was a bit of a task getting the rcvr off the plane and removing the silicon around the battery leads on the board, but with patience, I prevailed.

I also had to replace one of the aileron servos which stopped working only to find out after I got the new one in place that something had changed in my transmitter settings and the servo was not bad after all.

When flying the 4Site, you really do need to use the rudder. This plane will assume whatever position you put it in as far as ailerons go, so bank and yank does not work on this plane like it does for most other planes.

A little secret about the 4Site for those who buy one. Re-enforce all of the joints along the fuse (the full length) with canopy glue or Aileens Tacky glue. This will greatly extend the life of your 4Site!

Apply the glue to every joint, including the cabanes and you might want to apply some hot glue to the area where the top wing meets the fuse. This is a very weak area as there is little support there.

Do these little extra steps and you will find the 4Site can be very forgiving.

I don't have a Hyperion, but it looks like it would be fun plane to fly!

Good luck with both once you have some free time to get back in the air.

I have watched several otherwise good flyers try to fly this plane only to crash it repeatedly because they forget they have another control input available in their left hand. As soon as they figure out that you use the ailerons to keep the wings level and the rudder to turn the plane, it becomes a whole different ballgame.