1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

occasional fail to render outside cut

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by generalsocial, Dec 25, 2014.

1. generalsocial

generalsocial New Member

Once in a while when I have a complex object and I add an outside cut to it my sketchup goes unresponsive for a bit but then returns and the tool path works.

Once in a while it doesn't return. So I then simplify the path (often smoothing out a couple of sharp corners) and try again. It will often work.

Occasionally I get one that goes off to never-never land when I try and render an outside cut.

How to figure out what's hanging it up?

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

you can click Window|Ruby Console
    This will display an extra dialog box that will display any error messages coming from within the ruby code. Any error messages appearing there should be copy/pasted here for debugging (together with the sketchup file).

also, please post the sketchup file of one of these parts that takes a long time (can be direct to me if you don't want the world to see it) so I can try to figure out what is going on. drawing complex offset outlines correctly is a hard task for the code and there are some shapes that just never work correctly, especially things with features (sharp corners, zig zags) that are smaller than the tool bit. you may need to use some sort of smoothing tool to reduce the complexity of the outline to make it easier for the offset code to do its job.

3. generalsocial

generalsocial New Member

Okay I'll start documenting it for you if you want.

swarfer likes this.