1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Outside cut .. Inside cut

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by lockey, Mar 11, 2017.

1. lockey

lockey New Member

Hi, I have just installed SketchUCam on my Sketchup Pro v8 and for some reason when I click on the "outside cut", it places the lines on the inside of my pattern and vice versa ... if I click on the "inside cut" it places the lines on the outside

Thanks

Tony

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Most likely your part's face is reversed. Right click on it and press the 'reverse face' option. If you would have googled it you would have seen that this problem was dealt with many times in the past.

3. lockey

lockey New Member

Thanks

Tony

4. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

can also be solved by selecting all the edges and "right click|PhlatEdge|Phlatten selected edges" which will create faces within the edges and make sure they are the right way up.

By the way if you have a display theme selected that does not show you a different color for the 2 sides of a face then you should select a different theme. Not being able to tell the different between the 2 sides will just make life harder than it needs to be (-:

If you watch my videos where I have 'woodworking,mm" as the theme, you will see that they faces are always blue side up. This is technically the 'back face' but that is how it works.