1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

phlatboyz flyin....

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by rjarois, Jun 15, 2009.

1. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

hello fellas.. trish. i had the pleasure to meet up with TV casualty "Erik" and his lovely wife lauren this morning. we had been talking about meeting up and do some flying since the Toledo model show. erik's models look awesome, and fly just as nice. when you look at them, they look as if they are a kitted arf, not a scratch built model from fan fold. man he had obscene pc drawing skills...he tried to explain his drawing techniques to me, but i think it sailed right over my head, lols. we both pulled in with 4 or 5 models each, and flew just about all day....warbirds, 3-d foamies, pusher jet, even flew my camera trainer plane. i set-up just to fly a camera....anyhow Erik and myself had a ball flying, as we competed for the biggest monkey award, lols..... eric, it was cool to meet up and fly....the "old" monkey had fun, lols. peace, randy.
    erik pulled in with a pile of warbirds....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    flying area
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Man, I'm so envy for the flying space that you guys have. I wish there was a place like this, which is open to the public, here on the island. Even a baseball diamond here is surrounded by palm trees.

3. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

But they have an atomic power plant in the background!!! :lol:

4. rjarois

yea, very necessary for the electrical grid....ya gotta keep them lipo's juiced up. lols....

5. videorov

videorov New Member

What system are you using to take the aerial pictures. They are nice sharp clear images.

6. rjarois

videorov, its just a small canon G7 compact. randy.

7. rjarois

hello, Erik and myself meet again to fly before the cold hits the region....his wife Lauren did not make the trip this time. Eric showed up as usual with a pile of warbirds....i just with i had half of Erik's modeling skills, the models he builds are phenomenal...he had his ww-1 double wing, and two other vintage ww-2 models. the old monkey cant remember the names of them, lols. i had the edge, and the eagle, that were cut on the phlatprinter. plus i brought my precision aerobatics katana, and the dw-foamies juka. we had a ball flying.....Eric and i had a "who can fly the highest competition". well needless to say the young eyes of Erik flew higher than the old monk. he had a altimeter that measures the altitude's. my flight was 1453 feet, as his flight was 1508 feet. well we had a lunch bet on it, lols. the weather was lovely, with hardly a wind at all. i got a lil video of Erik's double wing, with his landing gear mod....well done Erik, way to go. whenever we talk i always learn something new from him...peace, randy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Those Fowler flaps are cool! Looks like you guys had a real nice day for flying.

9. rjarois

yea Shaun, we had a blast...erik even gave me the honor of flying his biggest warbird....man it was truly beautiful..... what great models he builds. randy.

10. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

I had a GREAT time Randy, that was too fun. Too bad about the fence episode, but it convinced me to put in a CF spar into that white foam wing, added a bit of weight, but with that floater so what... You got some really good pics, thanks for posting everything!

One thing you didn't mention is that ALL of those birds in that pic were made using the pp!

11. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Fantastic looking models Erik. You can really see the camo effect of your lozenge pattern on the bipe against the grass. I think the sound from the motor and prop was very fitting for the model too.

We need to see some monkey planes on your next get together.

12. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Guys what a great looking Phlatfleet! :)
    Really nice job, Erik I love the shocks that is a super cool idea.
    I have to say that Typhoon is my new favorite! that thing is SWEEEETT!! Reminds me a lot of my all time fave the Spitfire!!
    Now can I add these to the customer showcase? I am proud to have had the chance to see these in real life and cant wait to see what you have but the time the next Toledo show. Top notch job Erik
    Hows the 109 flying? It looks cool sitting there with the rest of the boyz! :)

I agree Tim, I see Randy's Eagle and Phlat Mercury but I am waiting for the flying monkey plane :)
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for a great post you guys keep'em going. This is too much fun :mrgreen:
    Mark

13. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

The Monkey, eerr Randy is holding the camera, the eagle and the green edge are both Randy's. Great weather today, but man I am burnt to a crisp!

Here are a coupla old shots I've been meaning to post.. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Post away Mark!

15. kram242

Thanks Erik!!

16. rjarois

gasman, the eagle and the green edge in the photo are cut and built on the phlatprinter...i really didnt want to spoil erik's nice build's by having them in the photo. as of now i only have 3 flyable phlatprinter cut models...the eagle, clik-xl and eddie the dopey eagle. its called dopey cause its like flying a kite without a string, lols. also the high alpha flyin, no steering, piece of junk star ship enterprise i built was not worthy of paint, and was scrapped to get my carbon fiber back. peace, randy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Both of you guyz really have some building skills!! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Sure wish we could have been there. I don't know what I would have done with all of the space. Hopefully, we'll have a chance to fly outdoors at least once before the fall winds take over. Thanks for sharing!!

Mark and Trish

18. ToxicToast

ToxicToast Down in the weeds. Staff Member

I know a "Clik" when I see one! My all time favorite 3D profile plane. I've got GCode (Not Phlat G code, Multicam GCode) drawing I did of one in the 36" range and it still is kicking good.

I'd love to convert them for Phlat when I finally get my own printer. Not sure I can share because of copyright issues however...

19. kram242

Hi ToxicToast,
    As long as the plans are posted on the net for a free download you are more then welcome to share them. The bottom line is that they cannot be sold. If someone tries to sell them it is up to the original author to pursue them. As for sharing them as Phlatcode for others to cut with the machine instead of by hand there is nothing wrong there. We are trying to convert as many free plans we can can find out there. To share with everyone here :)
    Mark