1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

phlatprinter cut strait line

Discussion in 'Trouble Shooting - Support - Help Section' started by thechannelmast, Apr 22, 2012.

1. thechannelmast

thechannelmast New Member

okay im new i have the mk1 and ebay board and i got the angry birds cnc from here and try to get it to cut but all it does is cut strait line when it come to the round part it just moves little and cut another line plz help im using mach3

2. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

It sounds like you may have a stepper motor skipping steps. Have you gone through the tuning steps for your stepper motors? I know on my MK I, the Y axis will move at 20ipm most of the time, but when cutting, 15ipm is the fastest it will move reliably.

Also, post a picture of the problem. That will help us in diagnosing the problem.

Tim

3. thechannelmast

i have not done the tuning steps is the info or a video the y move a lot but the x travels side to side short very short sorry but right now i can not get pics

4. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

On the Phlatprinter, the X axis is the roller, the Y axis moves left and right, and the Z axis moves up and down. Make sure your machine is set up that way or the files that you download from the Phlatforum will not cut properly.

I got stepper setup videos with my MK I, but I also have the stepper controller (MECHATRONICS) that came with the kit at the time. The instructions for your stepper controller should give you setup and tuning directions.

Tim

5. thechannelmast

will i got this second hand and it been sitting a long time so i have no stepper setup

6. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

From your post, I'm not sure if you bought the Phlatprinter second hand or just the stepper controller. My suggestion would be to contact Mark and Trish and let them know you are the new owner (if it's the Phlatprinter) and see if they will sell/send you the build videos. Mark goes into great detail on setup. Even if you have a different controller, I think it would help.

Also, if you can post a link to the controller you have it will help.

Tim

7. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I wonder if thechannelmast did a calibration. If one axis moves a lot and the other only a little it could be calibration problem.

8. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

Good point. Definitely calibrate if you haven't. There is a Calibrate Printer Axis button in the upper right of the Phlatboyz Mach 3 screen.

Tim

9. thechannelmast

will like i said im new lol.. :oops: the board is a ebay item and the phlatprinter i got from a friend it has the stepper motor that came with the kit when he bought it new. and a big thank for taking the time to help me out :good: :doubleup:

10. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

We were all new once. Mark and Trish are great people and they will definitely help you out as will the rest of us. Take a look at the troubleshooting section for the MK I. That may answer many of your questions. I hope you get it running. My MK I still runs great.

Tim

11. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

What board is it? The one form china with the TB6560 chip? If that's the one it may be a good idea to change the board or to search www.cnczone.com for solutions to problems with this board.

12. thechannelmast

okay i found the trouble when you buy a cheap board that what you get is cheap. thanks for the help. time to buy another board

13. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Channelmast...you have all the set-up and build videos for the MKI. Look through the CD's you got with the machine. Don't know about the board you have (I am no whiz-kid when it comes to these matters :)).

Chuck

14. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Where do you live? Maybe there is a member close that can help you out in person

15. thechannelmast

well thank to everybody and TigerPilot link me to the cnczone i think i understand how this board work it doesn`t but with the mods from the cnc zone it works little better now. plus i have a little more understanding on how to tune the motors. i was glad to get the phlatprinter from a friend and i hope to have a lot of fun filling me and my wife bed room with foam airplanes :D thank for all the help :good: p.s chuck your right there help around every corner here at the phlatforum nice set of people

16. el chucko

el chucko New Member

Jeff. Lately I have been going through your town numerous times a week. Let me know when I can stop and see what you have going. If I am able to help in any way I will.

Chuck