1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Phlatprinter III #76

Discussion in 'General Phlatprinter 3 Chat' started by n0kjf, Jul 1, 2011.

1. n0kjf

n0kjf New Member

I am reluctant to post this but answers from Mark and Trish have been very slow or nonexistent.

We ordered #76 on May 8, 2011. I still do not have a complete machine, and to make matters worse, there really isn't a parts list to verify what I am missing. I just now received the step 6 parts bag, but I am missing the drive rollers, a belt, and who knows what else. I do not have a complete machine and I have no clue when I will have everything I need.

With all due respect, I am frustrated at the lack of information that has come our way. I specifically took vacation this week in order to assemble our machine and get some cutting done. How difficult can it be? We watched the time lapse build, completed in about 9 hours, we started Wednesday morning and had to stop after a few hours.... missing parts. Missing a lot of parts. Our machine is built to step 6, we are still unable to continue and I will be back at work next week (out of town) and my machine will sit in a heap in a corner until I can take more time off.

Before this message is deleted, can someone please pm a better phone number to me. I’d like to have griped on the phone, but it seems I cannot get through. I’d like to know what I am missing.

Sadly, I’m sure I’ll be persona non grata for this negative comment and I understand. But we bought a machine and understood delivery would be 30 days. I scheduled my vacation time 49 days out and I still do not have all the parts at 54 days.

I need help….. :cry:

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Lew; WOW I'm sure something is going on as this is 180 degrees from the support Trish and Mark have been offering since even before the PhlatPrinter MKI was out to the general public. If I didn't read this here, I wouldn't believe it. I know when the PP/// was launched there were some delays with some of their suppliers, but we were always well informed each step of the way.

Hang in there. I'm sure they will make it right.

PS where from the Burgh are ya? I'm out by the airport

3. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Hello Lew and Margaret. After speaking with you this evening, we now understand your frustration since our email updates were not being received due to your email being "hacked."

As far as missing parts go, we apologize for accidentally not including bag #6. This has since been shipped and we hope that you will receive everything you need and can begin enjoying your Phlatprinter as soon as possible.

As always, we do our best to be available as much as possible and can be reached on the Phlat Phone at 856-417-3377. If we don't answer the phone, please leave a message and we'll return your call as we have always done when we have received your messages.

You guyz are doing a great job with your build. We look forward to talking with you this weekend to go over some software questions that you have.

Have a Happy 4th of July weekend!

Thank you,
    Mark and Trish

4. n0kjf

n0kjf New Member

We are getting there! I drew up a part and my son Tom was able to cut it using his laptop. His laptop is running 64 bit software, I have a old (I think it has knob and tube wiring in it) desktop that I had hoped we could use, is anyone running 32 bit win 7 or xp that could give us some pointers?

Thanks,

Lew

5. thunder hawk

thunder hawk Member

G.H. Boyd Systems, P.O. Box 235 Griffith, IN 46319
    I am using Window XP Pro. on a Pentium 4 2ghz PC with 2gb of ram.
    My video is 512md Nvidia AGP card. My shop PC is 10 years old.

I use the USB-CNC software and driver. Make sure that software is up to date.

If you are using XP, be sure all of your divers are up to date and your XP operating systems is also up to date. Use Windows update.

If what I have described above sounds like your PC you should be able to control your pp.

You might want to send Kroko a PM and get his help. He is very willing to help.

Hope this helps you get things sorted out.
    Cheers.

George :D