1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Pinewood Derby Display / Trophy

Discussion in 'Functional Art/Craft Designs and Others' started by Brother Pain, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Brother Pain

Brother Pain New Member

I am the Cubmaster for our local Cub Scout Pack. I was wanting a trophy / display for our cars. Here is what I came up with. There are wheel chocks cut into the top plate. The height of the supports could be adjusted if 3 different heights were needed for a gold / bronze / silver tiered setup. I setup the Phlatscript with a material thickness of 5/16 because I had some really wavy FFF. This design was setup in a 21"X22" area, so it will print on 1/2 sheet of material. A 1/8" bit was used.

Greg

Attached files [​IMG] Car Trophy.zip (418.5 KB)Â

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Brother Pain,
    Too cool! You could paint that with the styrospray 1000 and it would turn out rock hard and read to paint!
    Nice job brother
    Mark

3. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

Greg, nice job! I love to see the stuff folks come up with here, but seeing non-RC stuff really rocks me! It's cool when someone thinks "outside the box" to put their machines to use making products like this.

It just goes to show, even though our PhlatPrinters were originally designed with RC in mind, there are so many OTHER uses for these innovative machines!

Thanks for sharing this!

4. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

That's great!
    You could even put some lettering on the trophy, like 1st place...etc, then have the pp cut it out too.

I might have to do something with this for our pylon races. The guys would love this!