1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice
  1. grouchy1

grouchy1 New Member

How about selling just the plans and instructions so we can make our own Phlatprinter :?:

Attached files [​IMG]

2. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

In recognizing I'm not providing an answer, there are lots of plans out there for CNC machines. Why not look else where?

I will add this, even the first version of the pp had many complex parts, parts I would not have liked to cut out. The original design as sold simply does not allow for sloppy tolerances. I believe plans would have lead to unhappy customers.

I don't mean to turn you off, but if have the smarts and know how to do an advanced build like that take a shot! Look at what rjarois did with his machine...

Let me go out on a limb and say, innovation is welcome here.

3. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

In the first place Mr Grouchy, the MKII is the result of many many many hours of effort. In the second place, it is machined to very tight tolerances. Unless you already own a CNC machine capable of making the parts, you would probably not be able to build one even if you had the plans.

Selling the plans would defeat the purpose of all the hard work these two have put into this project. Why should they sell their plans and then have someone start producing their own work to compete with them.

Lets see you devote a year of your life to put together a product like this and then I'll ask you the same question, "Want to sell me the plans?".

This is one of the few forums where you will find support and topics related to building CNC machines that in fact may even compete with the Phlatprinter.

You certainly won't find many companies doing what Mark and Trish do. Feel free to build your own, but if you want the real thing, buy it from here. These two go out of their way to provide top quality product and service. It is worth every dime you will pay for it.

You won't be disappointed and then maybe you won't be so grouchy, because you will be having too much fun like the rest of us.

4. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Well, originally Mark was going to sell plans. He then redesigned the original pp and made it better from what I understand. That was the reason "bonez" kits were being sold, for those of us more grouchy, er, I mean frugal. Looking back at how much TIME I spent in Home Dept and Lowes, I should have bought the complete kit. And that was feed back to Mark, which is why I believe the bonez have been discontinued.

But I still maintain the fact that inovation is welcome here, if you want it, build it, post it, sell it.

5. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

The customer support, help and knowledge that you receive from other members here on the Phlatforum is worth the price of a Phlatprinter in itself. Not to mention the way Mark & Trish go way beyond what is expected of them just to take care of their customers.

If you purchase one you won't regret it.

6. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Hey guyz. I was just going through the threads here and ran into this one. I remember seeing it sometime ago and can't believe I didn't post. The phone must have rang or the dryer buzzed :?:

In any event, I would like to take a minute now and thank tv, Flash, and 7up for your responses.

The MK II required an incredible amount of our time. The stress levels here were elevated! It really take a huge amount of work, time, money, and dedication to bring any product to market let alone a CNC machine! Add in people around the world will be building it and the success of your product depends on accuracy, unbelievable. It became apparent to us less than two weeks before the release of the original Phlatprinter that we had to have the parts cut if we wanted everyone to be happy with their Phlatprinter. This was a HUGE shift. We had been working day and night to get the original plans ready. We cut out those parts more times than anyone would have wanted to and built it, made changes, built it again, added screw hole templates, etc. Wow, we could never go back to that. Having the parts not only saved everyone a ton of time (trust me) but it does allow for the precise alignments that are key to a successful CNC machine. So, unfortunately for those who are interested, we will not be releasing Phlatprinter plans. It would have saved us a lot of time and effort packing kits, working with the manufacturer, buying, building, and testing all of their prototypes, etc. With plans, we would have rolled up three large pieces of paper and shipped them off. But, if you want the job done right, it's essential that you take the extra steps. This is where the dedication comes in and we are extremely dedicated.

Certainly we welcome CNC discussion here on the Phlatforum. It's educational for everyone, including ourselves. The more people that are interested in CNC, hopefully, the more Phlatprinters we will sell. After all, besides the comradery we have with everyone here, we are trying to sell machines :) Also, competition is always good. Keeps everyone honest. We would, however, draw the line if someone blatantly tries to sell their machine on the Phlatforum. Like Flash said, Lets see you devote a year of your life to put together a product like this and then I'll ask you the same question, "Want to sell me the plans?". Or, hey look at my machine buy this, not one of the Phlatboyz machines. I think that would be obvious but worth stating. A simple little reply from another CNC machine company is basically harmless and again, more than likely educational.

We do try to provide top quality products and service and can not thank you all enough for posting all of this positive feedback. Again, I apologize that it has taken me so long to say so.

Mark and Trish