1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

[Plugin] BezierSpline v1.3b TUTORIAL PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by xtremeRCpilot, Jul 17, 2010.

1. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hello Phlat Friends,.
    I just downloaded and added this plugin to my SKP and know this can come in handy for design work and such!!
    I have used and enjoyed coral draw and it tools, but my question for you is,
    Does anyone know if there is a tutorial on how to use these tools effectively or maybe I could beg KWOK :p to step in since you are amazing with this sort of thing :)
    any help would be great!!
    http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtop ... 23&t=13563
    Thanks
    John

2. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

It took me a little while to learn this plugin but now I use it more than any other tool in SU. It is a great help and is my favorite drawing tool.

I am not much of a talker and Kwok is good at making tutorias,l I'd say he's your man. :p

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

So, where do I get this wonderful plugin? Do you have a direct link?

4. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Looks like you have to register to be able to see the file to download

5. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Heck if I know, it won't let me register for some reason, it just says i don't have the proper settings to view this file

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

7. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hey guys, Thanks for all your help!!
    When you register you have to open your email and activate your account at that point it allows you to access the downloads and such!! I had the same problem until I realized this loop hole :D
    Here is the link to the Plugin!!
    http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtop ... 23&t=13563
    its at the bottom of the first post , viewable after you register!

Thanks
    John

8. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

9. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

John,

Yea, that link, that Tim posted above, pretty much explains the basics. That's an older version, so it shows the basic curves without all the extra stuff that is there, now. Also, there is the pdf.

To tell you the truth, I haven't really gotten into drawing anything with curves, yet. So really haven't used the different curves. I just use the classic bezier curve, when I need to test something with a curve.

The dog bone and T bone corners, which are the newest additions, are to totally get rid of that radius when you mill right angle corners. And I think one of the most useful feature, is the right click context menu where it saids "convert to". You can convert lines and curves to other curves. One of the things I have used alot is the chamfer corner and radius corner polyine. Actually, what I finally learned was "convert to" those line types to get the chamfer and radius functions that is missing in sketchup. So you just select the lines that make the corner and then convert it to a polyline chamfer corner.

Another recent example of what "convert to" is good for, was when someone ask how to draw a wing with a curved leading edge and straight trailing edge. I also haven't gotten into surface modeling, but I suggest using a plugin called extrude edge by rails. Well the rails had to be curves and the trailing edge was a single sketchup line (edge). So I converted it to a polyline using the bezier spline plugin and it was then excepted as a curve.

-Kwok

10. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Well explained Kwok, I just like your SKP for dummies Tutorials LOL :D That really explains alot to me so I just need to jump in and start applying this to my design work flow!!
    As always thanks for your help and I will play with the dogbone feature, that Im sure i saw a tutorial on somewhere in the phlatforum :)

Thanks Tim, I will go back and check for that info!! :p

John

11. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Does anyone have an elipse plugin? I use this one in Corel and if you hold down the ctrl key it holds a perfect circle as well :)

Thanks
    John

12. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

13. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Cool Thanks Kwok, I picked up the superelipse and it seems to work well!! I will try the other !!
    :p

John