1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Polaris, a jetset44 design from RCG

Discussion in '* Scratch Built Section *' started by janbjorn, Apr 23, 2009.

1. janbjorn

janbjorn Member

Finaly I have got aroud to start my Polaris build. For details and plans on how to build it check out the Polaris thread on RCGroups. I will document my build here. Currently I have only cut the parts for it, but I hope to get more time in the workshop soon.

I will not release any SU plans or cut-files because Steve (aka jetset44, the designer) did not want me to do that. However, if you are interested in making your own Polaris, it doesn't take long to make your own plans in SU from the PDF's in the RCGroups thread.

/Jan Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

janbjorn, some of those parts need multiple copies made. I don't see that on your cutout sheet. I think one part in particular is duplicated 9 times if I remember correctly.

I only knew that because I have an SU file for this plane as well. I have cut out the parts in FFF to get an idea of how to assemble it but have not had time as yet to actually build it.

One of the guys at our field was flying this plane and it really looks like it will be a fun plane to fly as it can land on water, snow, or grass.

I don't know if it is his flying skills or the plane itself, but everyone stops to watch it when he flys.

I think you are going to be very pleased with this one when you are done building it.

I'll be interesed in hearing how you make out with it.

3. janbjorn

janbjorn Member

Flash I know about the multiple parts. They are for the tip floats and for the nose cone. I will make these out of a 50mm thick bluecore sheet I have, so I don't have to make 10 of them, I just make one and split it in half ;) But it was good to spot that.

I have actually cut parts for 2 Polarises (the second for my flying buddy) so the actual sheet count is three and a half.

I also like this plane because it can fly off almost every surface. There are alot of lakes where I live so it will defenitely fly alot from water.

/Jan