1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Quad Building

Discussion in 'PhlatLAB LIVE shows' started by theothers, Apr 7, 2011.

1. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Tonight's show we build our latest prototype quad with the electronics we received this week. We even got a chance to hover it at the end. Still needs work but it was a lot of fun! **Phlat News** The Original Phlatprinter is coming back soon!

[pre] <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="480" height="296" id="utv264860" name="utv_n_585462"><param name="flashvars" value="loc=%2F&autoplay=false&vid=13822511&locale=en_US&hasticket=false&id=13822511&v3=1" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf" /><embed flashvars="loc=%2F&autoplay=false&vid=13822511&locale=en_US&hasticket=false&id=13822511&v3=1" width="480" height="296" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv264860" name="utv_n_585462" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object> [/pre] Attached files [​IMG]

2. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

very cool mark, trish....just watched the show. on my quad, to help control flight i turned the duel rate down to 30% on the aileron and elevator. also i have 18% expo added in. this is helping me learn to fly, without to much over control at this point. the quads are a whole new animal, lols. i love the design of the quad, looks good. mark, trish great work. randy.

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hi Randy :)
    Thanks for the information :good: I have been experimenting with it since the show and have it flying good now. I added 50% expo to everything except the rudder and that seems to help. I am new to this expo thing but I like it! :D Its flying rock solid now.
    I had a motor mount blow apart in mid air! So I went back to the drawing board and added arrow shafts from the local sports shop here. It should be said this was not my idea, I have seen it done and there is one that looks a lot like the one I am working on. They seem very strong and you can make the arm length any size you want. I can't wait to give it a try. Just looking for a strong basic platform for testing.
    Here is a quick picture of the latest version. When I get one that I think is worthy of sharing I will post the plans for it :doubleup:
    Mark and Trish
    Attached files [​IMG]