1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

rhino head needed- part 2

Discussion in 'What plans are you looking for?' started by yotamkaufman, Aug 11, 2010.

1. yotamkaufman

yotamkaufman New Member

so, as i posted earlier this year, i'm looking for a rhino trophy head sliceform.
    I coudn't find any so i gave it a try on my own (with much help from a friend).
    i cut the model from 4.5 mm cardboard.
    and it is not looking good enough. the whole model is a bit disfigured. :oops:
    does anyone like to give it a shoot and try to modify my sketch?
    please advise

yotam Attached files [​IMG] exploded.dxf (2.7 MB)Â

2. yotamkaufman

yotamkaufman New Member

does anybody working on this one?

3. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Yotam, why don't you import the dxf file into SU? It's easy if you try it out.

4. yotamkaufman

yotamkaufman New Member

i am trying it but still doesn't look good enough

5. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Great job Marco thank you for sharing this!
    Mark and Trish

7. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Dear Mark and Trish

I do thank you for this wonderful content you make available on the Internet.
    I'm a happy user of Phlatscript on my machine, I'm trying to make a Portuguese version of this script, I lack knowledge and time, one day I end ...

What is possible, I also make available to colleagues in the forum.

A big hug ...

8. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

marcomartim, I have never done a version in another language. But I think this is how it is done. You can test, if it works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. kram242

marcomartim, thank you for your kind comments, but the credit goes to all the volunteer programmers and code testers for all their hard work in making this possible.
    All we had was the dream, these guys made it happen :)
    I see Kwok has helped you with the translation, thanks Kwok and thank you marcomartim
    A big hug back to you :D
    Mark and Trish

10. yotamkaufman

yotamkaufman New Member

hey guys great job. does anybody working on this (to make it actualy look like rhino)?

11. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Grateful for the tips.
    I use SU in English or Portuguese without problems, sorry because I was not more specific, the translation of menus and buttons I had also done, my biggest difficulty lies in the system of measures.
    I work very well with the imperial system, which would be more convenient to have also the international system in milliliters.
    I changed some things in the configuration window, but still contains some bugs.
    The biggest problem is the output of Gcode, the coordinates are always in inches.
    Most of the original designs we use are listed in millimeters, if the output, was also in millimeters, would be very easy to understand, to make any corrections directly on Gcode.
    Another problem with the settings of the pieces created by other programs in millimeters. Everything is easier with only one sistem.
    Moreover, many people in various parts of the world does not understand the system of imperial measures (adopted in only Burma, Liberia, and the United States)

A big hug.

12. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Mark and Trish

I am grateful to all.
    I am encouraging my colleagues at another forum CNC, which I participate, and adopt the Sketchup and Phlascript.

Big hugs.

13. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Dear yotamkaufman;

As reported by MP, I'm working on it, but I can not indicate when it will end.

Would be easier to make this work if you (or other colleague) make available the plane figures (gif, jpg, pdf) in the form that you think like a rhinoceros (despite always being a rhinoceros stylized).

I've done one more rhino (I think it was worse than the previous one) we'll see what happens in the end.

Have a little patience one day ends ....

hugs

14. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

And in Canada. That makes it the whole continent of North America. :D A WHOLE CONTINENT!!! :D :D

Since it was written in that continent, it was assumed to be used only by people who live in this continent (OK, maybe England can join :D ).

Om a more serious note, we talked here about the problem before and I think it will be addressed in one of the upgrades in the future.

15. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Excuse me, was not a criticism, just an observation, as the data I have.

Canada, is also a signatory of the international system of measures, however, due to proximity and dependence on the U.S. economy and other factors, I believe that in practice can adopt a hybrid system, but I can not say because I know the local reality .
    A 35 years ago, while studying at the Technical College, also in Brazil there was a similar situation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_units
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... m_of_Units

About geography, I suggest you consider Mexico in North America

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_America

About where a product will be used, this old paradigm is overcome in the era of internet and integrated world economy. indeed many local and traditional products you use, came from China.

Do not misunderstand me, I repeat, is not a criticism, due to poor communication (online translator), and difficulty understanding online.

I mentioned a fact (perhaps inaccurately, sorry), the Phlatscript is a gem, with the evolution could be used in CNC world (and worldwide) with great success in various types of machines.

A big hug.

16. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

marcomartim, have you seen this? This person modified the phlatscript to output metric, but it's for older versions. It would be useful for study. http://iwr.ru.ac.za/~david/phlat/

-Kwok

17. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

kyyu

Thanks for the nomination, I already knew, very good, but certainly this information will be helpful to another person.
    I need to use the newer version because I need to drill holes, use the Phalatscript shallow holes, deeper holes using the wizard Mach3, or edit the gcode on hand.

I apologize to yotamkaufman colleague, for polluting your topic, now I'm concentrating on Rhino

Thank you all.

18. kram242

marcomartim,
    I am pretty sure that Tim had this fixed a few releases back. If you change the template in sketchup to millimeters it will output your code in millimeters.
    Hope this helps
    Mark and Trish

19. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Mark, I checked when marcomartim mentioned the problem. The phlatscript still outputs in inches, when SU is set to metric units. -Kwok

20. kram242

hmm I know that I talked to Tim about it and he posted a version in the repository that would work with both. I tried it out to be sure on my big machine(that only accepts mm from the dsp) and it worked. It may be that that one is one is still in the testing phase and still in the repository.
    I will have to look into a little more
    Mark and Trish

21. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Yes, the beta version has the mm output. I have accidentally tested it because I forgot to switch back to inches a couple of times and it seemed to work fine.

22. kram242

What do you guys think? its been tested for a while now because its that same code as the current version minus the overhead, which we can add to it.
    Sorry about that marcomartim, its been so long in the repository that we forgot about it
    Mark and Trish