1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Serial #6 Has arrived.

Discussion in 'General Phlatprinter 3 Chat' started by thunder hawk, Nov 20, 2010.

1. thunder hawk

thunder hawk Member

G.H. Boyd Systems, P.O. Box 235 Griffith, IN 46319
    Mark and Trish,

Serial #6 Has arrived.
    You folks did a great job of packing everything. :cool: :shock: :cool:
    I've yet to go through the large long box, but If it's packed
    like the other three, everything should be good.
    I'm looking forward to building a great Phlatprinter . :D :D :D :cool:

I will post pictures here when I get started.

I am a very happy Phlatboy :ugeek:
    GHB. :D

2. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Bwahhhh :cry:

#3 got rescheduled and is sitting in Jacksonville, cold and all alone waiting for Mr Brown to enjoy HIS weekend instead of ME enjoying opening my new Phlatprinter .

Oh, well Monday will be here before you know it. #'s 7, 8, and 9 will probably arrive before I get to open mine.

3. jkarnacki

jkarnacki Member

Don't think so, #7 is rescheduled to the 30th :D

- Jeff

4. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

ummmm... There seems to be a pattern here.

I think we have an answer to that burning question "What can Brown do for you?"

5. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

We called UPS regarding the extended rescheduled delivery times and they said it was because of the Thanksgiving Holiday. Admittedly, we didn't see that one coming. The girl wasn't the friendliest on the phone and she did mention there wasn't anything we can do to speed things up :( On the bright side, we pack our parts with various types of Ziplock Bags so even if your Phlatprinter is cold and lonely in a UPS warehouse somewhere, you have no risk of freezer burn :)

6. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Cheers
    E-T

7. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

I think Half of mine (#10) is cold and lonely in the back of a truck somewhere. It has a departure scan for two of the boxes, but they never arrived anywhere. The other two boxes were split up and sent to different sort centers apparently. One went to Philadelphia and the other to some place called Horsham, PA.

I've always had good luck with UPS, but I'll the paths that the packages take always seems wierd.

8. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Yep, mine was delayed a day too in New Stanton ( Central PA). The path it took seemed like a logical one, but I agree on the weird paths sometimes. We ship a lot of UPS at work, and it seems like there are 3 routes they take to get to a given destination. I've never had a package that was stalled like this one was though. It also seems weird that some folks are getting them a few boxes at a time. Maybe they sort by size at the distro centers?

9. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

thats what I was thinking, that they sorted them by size since the shipping wieght on all the boxes was pratically identical. I used to have a friend that coded some stuff for there computer systems, I *think* I remember him saying something about them load balancing there sorting centers or something to that effect. It seems logical at least. But that would explain why things get split up.

10. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

Yeah! 14 day shipping time Jersey to Texas! Oh well. I use to fly UPS feeder planes to remote locations in Wyoming and I know Christmas was a slowdown but Thanksgiving wasn't even a ripple in the Shipping ocean. So I don't know what there problem is.
    As far as them sorting for Weight and balance in the planes. Kinda, but not really. They pack as many boxes in the modules, weigh each module then place the modules in the plane as needed to get the W&B right. In the big scheme of things, they don't really care what each box weighs. Only if the package is over 50 lbs or oversized does it needs special handling. The reason for the boxes being split up is literally one box made it on the plane or truck and the others didn't
    Our packages don't appear to need any special treatment.

11. thunder hawk

thunder hawk Member

I started building serial #6 today. I will post pictures hopefully soon.

Mark and Trish, you folks have one great kit. :cool:
    Cheers.
    George :D

12. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thank you George :D You guys have been great, we hope it will open doors for you to unleash some of that creativity you have! I can't wait to see some of the projects you come up with.
    Mark and Trish

13. thunder hawk

thunder hawk Member

Serial #6 is up and running flawlessly !!! :dance3: :banger: :doubleup: :cool:
    I am a very happy Phlatprinter owner. :dance: :flying: :music: