1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Shumate's F-22

Discussion in 'Single Wing Aircraft Plans' started by filthybeast, Dec 3, 2009.

1. filthybeast

filthybeast New Member

2. KX-5

KX-5 Member

Thanks for posting this! The .SKP file seems to only have the lower set of parts shown above??? Is this a full fuse version?

3. filthybeast

filthybeast New Member

Yes its full size,
    There on layers, one half is tuned off, go to Windows-Layers, then select it-

I didnt include any of the thrust vectoring pieces, its mostly 3/8 stick with 2 pieces of ply, which I dont cut on my phlatprinter. If you want the TV pieces follow the build thread link above and download the PDF's-

Fred

4. power67

power67 New Member

I have this one in sketch up as well and I build one a few months ago cut by hand. This has got to be one of the best flying planes I have ever built. It is not a build for the faint at heart however. It is a lot of work and the results are well worth it. The thrust vectoring is a must in my book as well as the "optional" rudder with the servo installed in the upper turtle deck.

Here is a few shots of mine built.

Thanks for the file, I will check it against mine. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Power,
    That is a really nice looking build, great attention to detail with all the panel lines.
    Looks sharp and it does look like it would fly great!
    Mark

6. filthybeast

filthybeast New Member

Very nice job on that f-22 Power, I'll be happy if mine comes out half as nice

7. MartinT

MartinT Member

Wow! Super job!
    How did you get the surface so smooth?

8. power67

power67 New Member

ancient depron voodoo secret........ well I guess I can tell you, it is a mixture of water and ultra light weight sparkling compound. I use it to fair and blend all the joint.
    All the edges of this and many of my depron plans I apply gift tape(only the green kind) to the leading and trailing edges. On the f-22 this is really important, it not only looks nice but at the speeds that this plan can fly with a 2550 kv motor and 3 cell pack that put out 31 oz of thrust, any exposed flaw would be ripped off.

built right this plane performs great around 70+ mph and has very little slow speed bad habits.

I did a few modifications to the design and build for better performance and strength, but over all, you cant go wrong with this design. It is going to be one of the first designs I cut out with my new Phlatprinter.