1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Shumates F15

Discussion in 'Single Wing Aircraft Plans' started by filthybeast, Dec 3, 2009.

1. filthybeast

filthybeast New Member

Gcode is for 6mm & 1/8" bit, sketchup file included-

I had to remove the gcode files after I found several probs with them, some parts were just to close together which could jam up a printer, the aileron hinge lines didnt come out right either for some reason, I also made 2 left stabiltors, & 2 small parts that were suposed to be 3mm rather than 6mm.
    Sorry for any grief i may have caused, Ill leave the skp file so people can make thier own code-

Rcgroups Thread, where there is a nice PDF build guide-http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479660 Attached files F15-shumate-rv-c-raw.skp (168.4 KB)Â [​IMG] F15-shumate-rv-d.skp (916.7 KB)Â

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

FB,
    I edited your post to include the raw .cnc files and the Sketchup .skp file.
    This make it a little easier for every one to download.
    Nice looking design all your parts look well laid out.
    Do you have any pictures of this plane complete? I would like to see what the outcome of the build would look like to help with the build.
    Thanks again
    Mark

3. filthybeast

filthybeast New Member

Nice, i'll set em up that way from now on. Have not built it yet, but Its next on my list. Christmas, property taxes, ect. have set me back a little so it will be a few weeks atleast.

Fred

4. kram242

Tell me about it! I know that feeling :)
    Mark

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

6. kram242

Wow shes a beauty!
    I like the look of this one
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the link Shaun
    Mark

7. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

This is like Steve Shumates 1st pusher jet design that he shared on rcgroups. I actually bought 2 lazer cut kits (not from Steve) of it, a long time ago. But never finished it in disgust, because how can you sell a kit without test fitting the parts one time? :x Well, lets not get into that. You can see I have gotten over it, not. :lol:

Anyways, I was very impressed with the 2 original flight videos, Steve posted. I have those saved somewhere, if anyone wants them. I am not a jet/speed lover, but this jet really flys nice. Just right for park flying and it doesn't do it by hanging on the prop at high alpha. It's on the top of my list, when I start building again.

Thanks for the plans,

-Kwok

8. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Nice work fb, the files kook really nice.

9. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

If you guys haven't, definitely check out the 2 videos from the 3dmon's parkjet.com link above. (Steve S. F-15 Video 1, Steve S. F-15 Video 2). Those were the two original videos, I was talking about. Don't know if you guys feel the same, but it one of the most impressive rc videos I have seen. Shows what this design can do if keep light. I haven't seen anyone replicate it. Think he used a 3S 1300mah battery and an axi 2208-34 motor. And that plane is good size. I've got a microdan 2505, I would like to use.

-Kwok

10. actaline

actaline New Member

I have uploaded on sketchup the pdf file from rcgroups after converting it to a dxf one, but as soon as I try to explode the components sketchup crashes. Does anyone has kindly available a copy of the above files? The current link is no longer valid and I would prefer not to mess with paper.

Attached Files:

• F-15.skp
      File size:
      693.9 KB
      Views: