1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

SketchUp Basics For The PhlatPrinter DVD

Discussion in 'Sketchup Tutorials' started by Crash, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

As mentioned on my latest podcast installment (#93, TheCrashCast - ROTK), I now have my DVD Tutorial for SketchUp ready to ship!

Don't expect anything fancy. What you'll get is a DVD burned from my PC that will play on any DVD player that plays DVD RW disks (of course, it should play on any computer with a DVD drive, as well). I'll ship it in a simple sleeve in a simple mailing envelope, and there's no fancy printed label on it either! LOL

This no-frills offering will teach you the absolute basics of SketchUp, from installing it and adding in what I call the three most elemental plug-ins for CNC (Weld, GPlot, and the PhlatScript), all the way through to creating gCode! You'll get instruction on developing your basic drawing skills, importing images (like 3 views) to be used as drawing templates, and even assembling your 2 dimensional parts into 3 dimensional representations of your models!

Even if you are not interested in learning to develop files for the PhlatPrinter CNC machine, the work-flow I teach will work for ANY 3 Axis CNC machine. And if you're not interested in CNC at all, the work-flow I teach can be used to help you master the basic skills needed for using SketchUp to develop your R/C Models instead of using a pencil, paper, and a calculator!

I am happy to announce that this DVD can be obtained from my buddies, The PhlatBoyZ, right in the PhlatStore! http://www.phlatboyz.com/Sketchup-Basics-DVD_p_57.html Please note that the DVD is in NTSC format and intended for US customers.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE ORDERING A PHLATPRINTER 3 FROM THE PHLATBOYZ, YOU WILL BE GETTING THIS DISK FOR FREE!! Attached files [​IMG]

2. jjackson

jjackson New Member

Will $3.00 get the DVD to Canada too, or are there extra charges for that?

3. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

I don't know what the charges will be, but if you want it, I'll ship it. We can settle up later if the charges are too far off. :D

4. jjackson

jjackson New Member

Sounds good - payment sent!

5. nexty

nexty New Member

wanna buy this,

I'm leaving in europe, not sure that you can ship their.

if no I don't mind paying the price for the "dvd version" and having an online version (such as dropbox with 24h remaining download)

please let me know, I'm wanting to learn and start with sketchup.

thanks,
    Q.

6. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Hello nexty. We have the SketchUp Basics DVD in the Phlat Store. You can view it here: http://www.phlatboyz.com/Sketchup-Basics-DVD_p_57.html

We do ship to Europe but our shopping cart does not calculate international shipping charges correctly. We will send you a custom Paypal invoice so you can easily check out. We will use the email address that you used when registering on the Phlatforum. Please let us know if you want to proceed differently.

Thanks,

Mark and Trish