1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Someone is already using SketchUp 8?

Discussion in 'SKETCHUP DOWNLOAD' started by marcomartim, Sep 12, 2010.

1. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hi marcomartim,
    I tried it and really did not see any reason to upgrade to it so I am using 7 it works great.
    It may be that 8 still works, I have not done extensive testing to find out though.
    Mark and Trish

3. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

I did a first test of Phlatscript in SU 8
    It worked, saved the gcode perfectly, but there were some differences.
    By using the tools to draw the cuts, the colors of the toolpath were in the same color line drawing. This can cause some confusion to distinguish the missing lines ...

I will also continue using SU7 and continue testing the SU8

Hugs

4. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

marcomartim, what version of su7 are you using? I had SU v7.1 not showed the color, also. So I've been using v7.0 But I haven't had this confirmed.

-Kwok

5. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Oh, 1 thing that would interest me, about SU8, is the Boolean operations (like add and subtract) which is available only in the pro version. But I think the methods are available in the new ruby API, so it might be very easy to write a plugin with these features for the free SU8. Another, interesting thing is they updated the ruby version.

-Kwok

6. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Operations with solids, will now be easier.
    Pity that some of my plugins are not working yet. Let's wait for the updates, and new plugins.

Hugs

7. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

marcomartim,

Try pasting this text into the ruby console. I think it will get the color working in SU8 (at least for each session of sketchup):
    Sketchup.active_model.rendering_options["EdgeColorMode"] = 0

[addition]
    Hmmm, there is more strangeness. The phlatface texture can't be seen, from the top view. Looks like they changed something in SU8. You can see it from the other side (front face, where the texture is applied) and it's transparent there.

8. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Thanks for the tip. It worked, the colors are back, but do not know why sometimes after a time they disappear again.
    Do you know any way to make permanent?

I can view from any angle.
    found no other problem, besides the color (for now).

His problem persists using another template?

Hugs

9. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Hmm, I see the problem. The phlatscript refreshes the "EdgeColorMode" every time sketchup saves the file. Was hoping to do a quick fix without, having to modify the phlatscript. But looks like the only way is to modify the code. Use this new Constants.rb file:

Here is the problem with the phlatface texture. Maybe it's already like that in SU 7.1, which is why you don't notice it? I am still using SU 7.0:

[addition]
    Here is how the it looks in SU 7.0, if you don't know what I mean:
    Attached files Constants.rb (5.9 KB)Â [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. kram242

Kwok,
    Your right about 7.1 I have tried it and its not working. I am going to add the constants changes you made and see how it goes.
    I am wondering if this constants changes will work with 7.0 as well as 7.1 and 8?
    Thanks for making these changes I will let you know how it goes in 7.1
    Mark and Trish

11. kram242

Just tested it and noticed that the file sizes for this one and my original are the same size.
    But I replaced it to test it out to no avail, it just shows up blue when you click inside or outside instead of going transparent like you show in the pictures above
    I am running Sketchup version 7.1.6860
    Mark and Trish

12. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

I noticed the difference, but do not see it as a problem (for now).

I appreciate your efforts. Thanks for sharing.

======

I know that time is short, and that the difficulties are enormous, and they are working hard for the evolution of code Phlatscript. I'll take this opportunity to suggest one more feature.
    Is it possible that in future versions of the plugin, could implement the tool "Tool Phlaboyz Plunge" to bring back during drilling to remove the pieces (chips), before continuing the hole? This would avoid breaking the tool in deep holes.

A big hug, thank you for your attention, that God blessed him.

(Google translation)

13. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Mark, I just changed a few characters, so it's no surprise the files are the same size. I only fixed the phlatline colors not showing up. I haven't checked, but it should work for v7.0, v7.1 and v8.0, but not v6.4 I choose to change as little as possible. Everything above v7.0 should work, but anything below v7; only v#.0 will work. Basically, it was looking for a version >=7 and >.0 (because 7.1 is the break) Unfortunately v8.0 is not >.0 So I inverted it. Now it's looking for a version <=7 and <.1 Well, it's just a quick temp fix.

The phlatface texture, I didn't fix because sketchup just works different now. The texture "Hole" is applied to the front face and it seems we can't see it from the back, any more. You used to be able to see it from the other side, if it was transparent. It's not a question of if it can be fixed, but what method. Kind of an executive decision needs to be made by the person putting out the next version of the phlatscript. I will probably try a few things and see what happens.

-Kwok

14. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I don't know. I am just a hacker. It's just a quick fix, very unofficial. :cool: You could call it that, if you want. You know we are up to v0.9231? Added options for overhead gantry, so inside and outside cuts would go in the correct direction.

-Kwok

15. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Ok, I think I have a fix for the "Hole" texture. I just applied the texture to the back face, also. Seems to work. I tested it with SU8 and SU7.0. I've made up a new zip file for the mod (3 files total). There is a new constants.rb. I added a new condition in the if statement so, it should work for SU6 and below ( for the phlatedge colors). But have not tested it with SU6.

Attached files PSv9231_SU8 mod.zip (6 KB)Â

16. kram242

Tested with SU7.1 and works perfect!
    Great job Kwok thank you :D
    Mark and Trish

17. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Cool! Do you think this warrants going to v9232? I can do up the zip file. -Kwok

18. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Kwok maybe we should have this discussion in the coder/code crunchers section???

19. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

marcomartim, the Plunge Tool already does this??? It return to the very top, before each pass. I just checked it. Here is my test cnc file:
    Attached files Test_drill.cnc (491 B)Â

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Kwok, I think marcomartim is describing a peck-drill operation, where the bit would feed, say, 1/3 through, then retract, then feed 2/3 through, retract again, then finally feed all the way through.
    Is there a way to do this with the parameters of Plunge Tool, or did you just hand-code the peck-drill operations?

21. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Dennis,

No, I didn't mod anything. I simply did a plunge cut, with multipass enabled. See it retracts before every pass:

22. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

kyyu;
    I understood what you said.
    That occurs in a piece with multiple holes, the time loss is huge to drive Entres holes, going back and forth, the more rational it would finish a hole and then go to another
    Time is precious

hugs

23. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Ahhhh! I didn't know that Multipass had any effect on simple Plunge operations.
    Then again, knowing you were involved in the creation of that function, I should have known it would be fully integrated. I apologize for inferring a deficiency in your programming prowess.

24. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

marcomartim,
    Hmm, you're right. I didn't check multiple holes. For some reason I thought the plunge holes completed before moving on, but they don't.

Dennis,
    Actually, I think Flashsolution wrote the plunge code. By in large, the phlatscript have been a one man show, 1st Pete and most recently Tim. I can't take any credit.

-Kwok

25. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

marcomartim,

Good news. I see my confusion. It's in the beta for the next phlatscript version (also has metric gcode output). Here is a quick preview of the future multipass feature. The order is: 2 inside cuts, then 5 plunge holes and then an outside cut.

Attached files psbeta_multipass.wmv (282.9 KB)Â