1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Something like the foaminator

Discussion in 'What plans are you looking for?' started by GFBurke, May 9, 2009.

1. GFBurke

GFBurke New Member

Hey guys!!

When I was at SEFF I bought this depron "foaminator". I liked it. However I hated the depron. What plane is about the same yet EPP? Maybe the stabs could be depron.. but not the main body.

maybe someone can cut one in EPP.. or maybe there is already one on the market that has a name?

I put these bright LED sticky strips on it and I plan on doing the same. I liked this depron one because it could do very nice high-alpha stuff at a slow crawl. The thing I didn't like is that it didnt' have an air foil and wanted to climb at throttle. .. but that's not a big deal really..

any suggestions?

thanks
    jamie~
    attf

2. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Got any pictures of the foaminator? I'm just curious as to which plane you bought and if its the one I think it is.

3. iflyos

iflyos Member

http://twitpic.com/49vh3

I know Jamie bought that at SEFF, and I *think* it is called the Foaminator...Saw them at Efest..looked like a good combat bird

Tim
    AG4RZ

4. GFBurke

GFBurke New Member

Yep that's it. :)
    just a 2 servo delta

5. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

I can work something up for you, Burke! After I saw your Tweet pic last week, I thought that this thing was just beggin' to be made from EPP. I have some 6mm 1.9# stuff that I need to burn (my preferred material is the 1.3# 9mm).

Do you know who the actual author of this plane is? I saw that GWSProps sells them, but I don't want to infringe upon their sales if it's their brain-child. I saw on one of the SEFF threads where someone took a bunch of pics of one with a ruler in the pic to give the actual dimensions.

Basically, if it's an open-source design (ie, free plans were posted for all to use), then I can whip something up and send it to you. I would still like to know who the author of the design is though, so I can give them proper credit.

Maybe I'll try to pop on to Skype tonight just before you guy's start your session and we can talk (well, that is, if you are doing a session tonight). :D

6. GFBurke

GFBurke New Member

na, we did our show Fri. ;) Hey, it's moms day today.

Well.. we can duplicate this via skype/PMs or if there is something already out there that I could just buy, that would be cool. Generally because of instructions and provided CF spars, etc it may just be simpler.

maybe I need to go and search out "lightflight bug, nutball, etc" to find something.
    but let me know.