1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

spacenavigator

Discussion in 'Other Sketchup related softwares/plugins' started by lovebugjunkie, Apr 17, 2010.

1. lovebugjunkie

lovebugjunkie New Member

Just wondering if anyone is using it. I have one but I get a lot of Bug Splats in sketchup (free version).
    I have tried it in Windows 7 64bit and 32 bit. Attached files [​IMG]

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I have always wanted one :)
    You may be able to control the jogging of the Phlatprinter with this, using the key grabber program in the Mach3 folder!
    Mark

3. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

I use one of those at work in Altium Designer for laying out circuit boards. I rescued it a few months ago from one of the solidworks guys 'cause a mouse had chewed through its cable.
    I have SU on my computer at work but for some reason I've not used the space navigator in it. I'll have to investigate it some this coming week...

4. lovebugjunkie

lovebugjunkie New Member

Takes a bit getting use to at first, but once you do it is one of the tools you really miss when it is not available. . I really like it, makes it very easy to zoom around the work area, I just wish I could find the cause of all the splats. Very hit and miss on it causing trouble, I have my auto save option in sketchup set to 1 min so most times I don't lose much.

About the only suggestions you get from the 3DX support people is have you got the latest drivers and reboot your PC.

Gefahren, would be interesting to hear if you get any splats. When it first happed to me I thought the crash had something to do with imported components but that proved false.

5. meistertek

meistertek Member

I use a space navigator with sketchup and it works great. I have not had any bug splats at all when using it, I'll take a look and see what versions of sketchup and 3connexion drivers I am using and will post it here tonight. I reall like using the space navigator to slide around when adding tabs. I also use the space navigator in SolidWorks.

6. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

I've not had time to try playing with the space navigator in SU7 at work, but I did give it a quick try and I had no response from the navigator. I probably didn't activate something but I didn't have any time to investigate.

7. meistertek

meistertek Member

Here is what I have installed on a windows XP Home machine with my SpaceNavigator and it works great:

3DxWare 6.6.4 (newer version will probably be fine too)
    Google SketchUp 7.1.4871
    3DxSketchUp Plugin

8. lovebugjunkie

lovebugjunkie New Member

Thanks for checking meistertek

I fell back to XP and it is working with no splats.