1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Stencil Fonts

Discussion in 'Shapes' started by kram242, May 16, 2009.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Here is a collection of stencil fonts that you can use with your Phlatprinter.
    To install download and unzip to your desktop. You will now have a folder on your desktop called stencil fonts on your desktop. Open this folder select all the fonts in it and 'right' click on them, pick install.
    Once they are installed you can delete the zip stencil font folder and unzipped stencil folder off of your desktop because now they are installed on your system under the fonts folder :)
    When you are in Sketchup and you go to add text they will be there :)
    Have fun
    Mark Attached files Stencil Fonts.zip (427.2 KB)Â

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I don't see any "Install" option when I right click. I'll just copy them all to the "WINDOWSFonts" folder myself. :)

3. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Certain security settings in windows will keep you from just copying them to the fonts dir. Another option for installation is to open the Fonts applet in the control panel. Under the File menu there is an Install New Font... option. It brings up an old fashioned windows 3.1 directory browser to find the new font :roll:

4. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

yep! the applet is to easy way. In XP its Start/control panel/fonts, then file/install new font. Nav to your unzipped stencil directory and then, select all/ok. Zip boom bamm :D

Thank you Mark, I was getting tired, but good, at doing to the long way.

5. dangre

dangre New Member

Great find Mark, were did ya find them. I could have used them at work on our big laser. I was having to manually edit TTF. ;)

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I just did a search the other day looking for stencil fonts and after fight my way through all the FREE MP3's and FREE DESKTOP WALLPAPERS poser sites.
    I actually found a site that lets you download free fonts :D Of course I can't remember the link and never saved it to my favorites :) but I got the ones I was after and if I find it again I will be sure to save it and post it here.
    Sorry for taking you guys the long way about installing them, for me I just select them and right click and install.
    Thanks for helping to find and easier way to install them for others
    Glad you guys could use them.
    Mark