1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

SU27-XL

Discussion in 'Single Wing Aircraft Plans' started by AnyAirRc, Mar 1, 2009.

1. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Hey guys my friend wanted a SU-XL but they have been discontinued so I started drawing one up, stay tuned.

Attached files [​IMG] su_4.zip (6.8 KB)Â

2. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

I have all the tabz done and I am going to bed! I hope to cut it out in the am and if all goes good I'll post here!

Attached files [​IMG]

3. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Ok last one then I am going to bed lol.

It looks to be a good size with a 30" wingspan! Attached files [​IMG]

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

That is coming along really nice AnyAirRc
    Thanks for keeping us updated, so nice to have you back :)
    Mark

5. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

It feels good to be designing again! I am almost completely out of foam, come on taxes! I am going to order a few cases and then start the F-20 project!

The SU27-XL is cutting out right now, but since I have the MKI :cry: it will be about 1-2 hours before my the four sheets cut out and another hour to build it to check for flaws before I can post it lol.

here is the parts layout Attached files [​IMG]

6. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Well I built the air frame and it is a big suka! The .cnc files are setup for 6mm depron foam sheets and the stock bit. The parts just fit on the depron sheets so make sure your bit will not run off the foam before you print!

The model is here http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=a380ed13d8549c9c221b53ac0f95149c so you can mod it if you want.

I am going to put a very light power setup on this one and just float around with the large control surfaces! Attached files [​IMG] su_4.zip (6.8 KB)Â

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Cool! Thanks AnyAirRc !

8. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

The stock SU27-XL had the aileron linked to the tailerons and I think that is what I am going to try first to get the slow speed handling. I am ordering some light motors to try out on this beast tonight. When I find a good one I'll let you all know what I found out.

9. GREEN1277

GREEN1277 New Member

This is one of my favorite planes in the fleet.... I use the duel elevon setup.. LOVE it
    2212/06 motor 2200kv
    30amp ESC
    6x4 apc prop
    1300mah to 2200mah 20c lipo
    getting great performance unlimited vertical and cut the power it will float straight down.
    it will slow down great.. In a light headwind it will just hover at 1/4 throttle.

10. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Very cool glad you have built one. I have had no time at all with the projects for RcPowers and now school started back up and I have 6 classes this time around!! :shock: :shock:

11. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

I wanted to cut out this Plane in FFF so I redid the SU file. I also threw in some extra spots for CF instead of glueing onto the edges of the foam. The control surfaces are attached and stepped.

The attched zip has the SU file and the two cut files. The cut files were done with the .920 phlatscript.
    I had to change the file so I can fit a bigger prop......this is for a 7" prop and g-code is 1/16 bit

EDIT:after cutting out the file I did not like how it looked because I split it down the middle to make it 7" wide. This time I just moved the rails over to open the prop slot. here is the new file. :geek:

Cheers
    E-T Attached files FFF SU_XXL 7 inch prop 2.zip (79.6 KB)Â [​IMG]

12. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

I changed the su and cnc files see EDIT above.

E-T